Flippa FB App Auction
  • Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-16 22:44:57
  • Thanks for sharing your auction with the community. Good call on buying the domain - it always makes it easier to sell that way.

When I get some time later I'll give some more in depth feedback on the auction sales copy.
  • @Meathead how do you think my auction is going so far ?
  • Looks like a good start mate, early bids are always a positive sign. How many watchers do you have?

All in all, I think you've done a good job. I'll keep an eye on it as the auction progresses, still very early stages. Your BIN price is also spot on I would say.
  • Thanks for the response. I actually thought I was doing bad. It has 2 watchers.

When should I feature it again ?
  • My apps have slowed right down too lately. I would wait until you have 36 hours remaining and then re-feature.
  • 1 day left until the auction is complete.
  • Good luck Tymillz.

Fruit
  • good app buddy, can you guide me on this one? i mean from where did you get it or did you created it yourself?
    mind sharing it for other members ?
    thanks
  • [quote="Mohit"]
    good app buddy, can you guide me on this one? i mean from where did you get it or did you created it yourself?
    mind sharing it for other members ?
    thanks

Hey Mohit,

I appreciate you are interested in the script, but this section is specifically for advertising auctions and feedback. In future, if you would like further information on the script, please use PM rather than the public side of the forum :)

Thanks for your understanding,
    Thomas
  • sure Thomas, will be taken care of :)
  • Auction was supposed to be over but because of a few bids it is now extended 8hrs. Which I look at as a good thing.

Also, it is now on the most active list.
  • [quote="tymillz"]
    Auction was supposed to be over but because of a few bids it is now extended 8hrs. Which I look at as a good thing.

Also, it is now on the most active list.

Excellent news - most active is great to get on as you get a ton of free exposure.

The 4 hour extension can get quite annoying, but does mean with lower end sites you get a far higher number of bids. Have you considered lowering the BIN? Maybe to $997 or something nearer the current bid?
  • Will do now. Should I give a reason as to why I lowered the BIN ?
  • [quote="tymillz"]
    Will do now

Also make sure you PM all your 14 bidders once you've done it! And perhaps tell them something like you've had a load of BIN inquiries already and since you're looking to end the auction quickly and not having it drag on and on 4 hours at a time, you have considerably lowered the BIN.
  • [quote="bryanon"]
    [quote="tymillz"]
    Will do now

Also make sure you PM all your 14 bidders once you've done it! And perhaps tell them something like you've had a load of BIN inquiries already and since you're looking to end the auction quickly and not having it drag on and on 4 hours at a time, you have considerably lowered the BIN.

^ what he said :D

Just mention you had a lot of people enquiring about BIN price and you decided $997 in order to speed up the sale.
  • Hi,

I have a question.

If the auction is already over and yet, we have just approved a new bid, will the auction be extended or it is over?

John
  • Simple question, simple answer:

An auction won't 'officially' finish if there are pending bids. It will remain in a sort of 'coma' where no new bids can be placed but the winner will be declared only once you've accepted/rejected all pending bids (or after 72 hours if you don't react).
  • My auction was a learning experience. It ended at $310. Which was not what I was looking for, but trust me was not bad at all.

Thanks Thomas, Bryonn, and Fruit for your tips and pointers.

Watch how the next auction will do.