Expert needed - type of website
  • Hi,

I own several websites related to videos content lock. People search for a good movie, see my website, try to download the movie or watch online and need to fill cpa offer. The movie is not on my server, i just send them to a source to download it or watch it.

Will i have success with that type of websites? Flippa do not come up with problems?

see u
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-12 18:20:10
  • Generally speaking, movie sites (even those that don't host any content) are becoming almost as hard to sell as adult sites. As movie sites are against Flippa's T&C, you can expect your auction to be taken down unless you're either very lucky and the moderators don't notice or if you make it only a 2-day auction starting Friday afternoon Australian time (they only work Mon thru Fri).

That said, you might find the below link interesting. This is aimed towards adult sites but most of the suggestions apply to movie sites as well.

http://experienced-people.net/forums/sh ... Adult-Site
  • Thats a good trick, if they only work monday-friday ;)

I think i can sell it. The website is about a famous movie, i have bought several domains as like: watchMOVIENAME.com... Im doing SEO and will bring me bacon when the movie comes out. What i want to do, is sell a domain like this (when the movie comes out, will not be available anyone...those domains are taken very quickly) with a template to that movie very good and i explain how everything works...

Those websites can really make a good money when movie comes out, so i think people will see it...

Do you think not?

One more question, im registered on flippa a long time ago, but i never started a sell because of the high $ fees. They need to accept the sell? Or i pay the 19$ fee and its automatic?
  • That's a pretty good idea. Might work indeed - but once again, you need to be very careful with listing movie sites on Flippa.

aeLED said:

One more question, im registered on flippa a long time ago, but i never started a sell because of the high $ fees. They need to accept the sell? Or i pay the 19$ fee and its automatic?

Your auction goes live as soon as you've paid the fee and in case it doesn't sell they will allow you to relist for half the price. You won't get a refund if an auction is taken down because of a violation of TOS though.
  • I will try it, i will start it friday at 7 or 8 pm, and all the weekend. Thanks ;)
  • Have moved this to VIP as we've got some of Flippa's staff among our members.
  • Another question. I have several hollywood domain names. Have you tried to sell them?