• Escrow says my buyer received the site:
    "Aug 5 2010 5:01AM PDT
    Service Provider acknowledges the service for milestone #1 has been delivered to buyer."

I couldn't transfer the domain to the name he gave me. He asked me to unlock the domain (I did) and give him the EEP code, I did:
    Buyer-"ok, I received the EPP code and initiated the transfer on my end."

I got this from NameCheap:
    "Seems that your buyer is transferring the domain to another registrar. Once he provided an EPP code at his gaining registrar the verification email is sent to the admin contact email address under the domain. Since WhoisGuard is enabled for the domain the email may not be received. Please be advised to disable WhoisGuard under your account, update the admin contact email address with your buyer's one (so the verification email will go straight to his email address) and ask your buyer to resubmit the transfer."

As I said above I disabled the Whoisuard and unlocked the domain (which I still seem to have. So then I get this email:
    "Got this email, is it your registrar?

Re: Transfer of mensdiamondbracelets.org

1&1 Internet Ltd. has received a request from

1&1 Internet Inc. on behalf of KIHA INC

on 05-Aug-2010 for us to become the new registrar of record.

You are receiving this message because you are listed as the Registered
    Name Holder or Administrative contact for this domain name in the WHOIS
    database.

Please read the following important information about transferring your
    domain name:

o You must agree to enter into a new Registration Agreement with us. You
    can review the full terms and conditions of the Agreement at
    http://registrar.schlund.info/xml/regis ... verview?__
    sendingdata=1&__language=en_US

o Once you have entered into the Agreement, the transfer will take place
    within five(5) calendar days unless the current registrar of record
    denies the request.

o Once a transfer takes place, you will not be able to transfer to
    another registrar for 60 days, apart from a transfer back to the
    original registrar in cases where both registrars so agree or where
    a decision in the dispute resolution process so directs.

If you WISH TO PROCEED with the transfer, you must respond to this
    message via one of the following methods (note if you do not respond
    by 26-Aug-2010, mensdiamondbracelets.org will not be transferred to us).

o Please go to our website

http://registrar.schlund.info/xml/regis ... uage=en_US

to confirm.

If you DO NOT WANT the transfer to proceed, then don't respond to this
    message.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact
    transfers@registrar.schlund.info

And this back to my buyer:
    "I need for you to respond. I have released the whois guard, unlocked the register lock. I received the above message from someone and need to know if this is your doing. I'm not interested in entering into any agreement with this company, just re-register the domain to whomever you like. (Haven't sent this one yet)

Now what should I do? I have tried to contact my buyer on Flippa with no success. I don't know if this is actually his registrar.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-18 14:20:01
  • One buyer was a noob so didn't know she needed to accept delivery. The other one was a complete fiasco, but finally paid.
    Him yesterday (note I sold this site 7/24)

I wanted this to be a very simple transaction but you have turned this into a be fiasco. Because of the way you do business I have paid out:

an escrow.com fee
    wire fee from my bank
    2 domain transfer fees

Now you are stonewalling me regarding the domain I purchased from you. Why do you want me to release the funds to you before I get the merchandise? This makes no since. If you want to complete the sale, then do it and send me the EPP code. If not, then stop wasting my time.
    Me to him:
    # Avatar for Zatarra

Posted by:
    Zatarra (+10)
    Date:
    Today at 07:40

Oh please, Dan.

You-"ok, I received the EPP code and initiated the transfer on my end." Aug 5th

Me "Alright, I disabled the whoisguard, it should be all set." The same day.
    Domain transfer is free from NameCheap. Every site I have sold or bought has been an easy transaction excpet this one. Your bank fees are not my business.

Flippa to me: Aug 5 2010 5:01AM PDT
    Service Provider acknowledges the service for milestone #1 has been delivered to buyer.

Flippa to me: Hello Buddy,
    For both transactions, I have sent the buyers an email asking for their confirmation of the milestone.
    You may also let both buyers know that they will need to login to mark the service as received and accept to finalize the transaction.
    Thank you, Aug16th

This has been in your court for weeks. I gave you the EEP number, as you acknowledged, it's a simple process to transfer a domain, you could have done it 2 weeks ago. As Flippa said YOU needed to accept delivery of the product, my other buyer was a noobie so didn't realize it. Once I told her she did it happily, you just ignored My AND Flippa's messages. You paid out because that was the proper procedure. You made this difficult at the end. Read all the messages above and you will see I complied in a timely manner to every instance.

Escrow.com is a pain in the ass for simple transactions. And buyers? Caveat Emptor.
  • My mistake, this son of a bitch hasn't paid yet. Escrow has his money, no way he could screw me is there?
  • Case closed. Once I confronted him with his own words he apologized and released funds.
  • Good work, glad you sorted it.

Case closed :)
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions