• I know how you guys said you can make $150k a year by selling links and I don't doubt it, but how long does it take to sell links?

I have a PR3 site that I'm offering a month for $7, but I'm getting 0 bites. Any suggestions for selling text links?

This is at DP after all, so maybe there is a better place.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-10-11 16:19:10
  • What's the niche of your site/traffic and what type of traffic is it?

Trinity
  • Try emailing sites in your niche to see if they would be interested.
  • The niche is open source linux software.

Honestly, I have zero traffic going here, but it does have good PR which people value for some reason (doesn't bring in sales, but whatever, if people want to pay for it, who am I to judge?)

@Thomas

That's a good idea though, I could add those who are interested to an upselling list as well.
  • I have the same problem. Like a dolt I bought a site that on buying I realised was a mistake. Its a PR3 in a political niche. Trying to monetize it with Amazon books and adsense with not a huge amount of success. Trying to sell links on DP isn't working. I am sure I should be able to get my money back on it but am slightly at a loss.

Its annoying, most of my sites I keep as I just want to have a monthly passive income, this one was bought expressly to sell and I suspect it will end up just dying. Perhaps I should just re-purpose it all together.
  • Right now it is a "buyers market" for internet advertising.

By that I mean there is more advertising space available than there are people who want to buy advertising.

Ask yourself this - why would someone buy advertising on your site if you have no traffic ? Even if it is a page rank 2 or 3, when they can go to a page rank 4 + with a ton of traffic ?

For the purposes of text link ads your site needs at a minimum:

Alexa Rank Under 1 Million
    PR 2 +
    - In addition the niche has a big factor as well
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    Try emailing sites in your niche to see if they would be interested.

^ That.

I do it too on my blogs and it's so easy to cold-email people and get them to pay for advertisement spots. Loads of site owners don't even know what a link to their site can do for them, so you introduce the idea to them and then sell it.
  • [quote="Stefan"]
    [quote="Thomas"]
    Try emailing sites in your niche to see if they would be interested.

^ That.

I do it too on my blogs and it's so easy to cold-email people and get them to pay for advertisement spots. Loads of site owners don't even know what a link to their site can do for them, so you introduce the idea to them and then sell it.

you must have read some good sales books - right most people ignore my emails - also how do you go aboiut finding blogs ? other than google -
    which isnt that usefull - human found blogs are best but take ages to find .any advice ?

tb