Why do people pay so much?
  • I think if I can understand this, I'll do a lot better in the future flipping sites.

Why are people willing to pay $400 for a site that makes $30 a month. $30 is nothing, I make 5 times that in a day at my regular job. Why would someone be willing to pay 12 months of profit for such a small site. I could see $5k a month and paying a full year, but not for something that makes so little. Can someone explain?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-20 18:09:53
  • This is a stupid question. People purchase sites for many factors. When you buy a website you are buying a "business" the size of the business varies, but it's still a business. Your making an investment when purchasing a business and investments tend to take time to recuperate.

Trinity
  • wow, take it easy man, no question is stupid, if everyone ask a question and you just call them stupid because
    you fully understand the concept, then it just rude. Image why if you have a small child that keep asking you some
    question that you are an adult know the answer, would you think he is stupid too?

please respect members
  • Truly Trinity,
    You can be an arrogant little girl at times. Grow up.
  • Keep it on topic please boys and girls - we're all here to learn.

@ Nik - I can think of a number of reasons off the top of my head:

- To gain market share and exposure in a niche immediately through acquisition
    - It could be cheaper than building it yourself
    - Own 100 sites making $30 a month and you are making $3k a month
    - You spot an opportunity to increase traffic and/or revenue quickly. Tweaking Adsense placement could easily quadruple earnings on many sites.
    - The domain is good
    - You have a buyer/can sell it for more than $400
    - There are other opportunities that will open by purchasing
    - It's relative. You may earn $150 a day, but many people don't and that $30 a month could be a lot of money.

The question should never be "what do I like in this site", it should ALWAYS be: "what will others like in this site". It may be a horrible site, but if someone will pay you double what you paid in a few days - then it's a great investment. You shouldn't be buying for you, you should be buying for your buyers. That's what will make you tens of thousands of dollars :)
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Truly Trinity,
    You can be an arrogant little girl at times. Grow up.

I can't help but be arrogant. I've been banking 6 - 7 figures since I was 15 years old. I"m now 18 and I run a 8 figure a year business. What have you done with your life? If I'm "little", then you must be an old moron.

Trinity
  • [list]
    [*]Yep, like Thomas said, some people collecting sites, they probably want passive income with those sites, I can see some people at other webmaster forums have a huge collection of micro-niche sites. And they are making 4-5 figures income/month with it.[/*:m]
    [*]They figure out that they CAN improve the site they want to buy, in terms of earnings, traffic, design etc. [/*:m]
    [*]They really know that the site HAS lot of potential[/*:m]
    [*]Buy, tweak, established, sell for high, they could be fillpers like us too :)[/*:m]
    [*]This is called investment[/*:m][/list:u]

[quote="NikGoodrich"]
    I think if I can understand this, I'll do a lot better in the future flipping sites.

Why are people willing to pay $400 for a site that makes $30 a month. $30 is nothing, I make 5 times that in a day at my regular job. Why would someone be willing to pay 12 months of profit for such a small site. I could see $5k a month and paying a full year, but not for something that makes so little. Can someone explain?
  • I've grown up Trin, you will too one day. Until then keep a civil tongue in your head. It reflects poorly on your parents.
  • Arrogance doesn't come from immaturity it stems from a lack of respect for lower-classes and morons.

Trinity
  • I don't argue with petulant children.

[quote="Trinity"]
    Arrogance doesn't come from immaturity it stems from a lack of respect for lower-classes and morons.

Trinity
  • [quote="Trinity"]

I can't help but be arrogant. I've been banking 6 - 7 figures since I was 15 years old. I"m now 18 and I run a 8 figure a year business. What have you done with your life? If I'm "little", then you must be an old moron.

Trinity

Haha, I find this very hard to believe.

First of all, like everyone said, you do come off very arrogant like you know everything and I have seen you be wrong on several occasions here on this forum. Some of it was very simple stuff that even newer people know too.

Second, anyone that makes those types of figures doesn't talk about it publicly on a forum unless they are trying to sell someone their product or some crap. Also, the majority of people that have that sort of income are more modest and don't go around acting like they are the shit like you feel compelled to do for some reason.

Third, how can you possibly be as successful as you claim when you don't even know the difference between "your" and "you're", you continually use run-on sentences, you don't know when to use "a" or "an" and many other simple grammatical things that people learn in grade school.

To be honest, neither I nor anyone else here cares about how much you make even though I'm calling BS on it anyway. You are rude, ignorant, and just jump down people's throats for asking simple questions. No question is stupid if the person doesn't truly understand something.

I apologize to Thomas and Bryan for taking this off-topic, but I think I speak for the majority of the members here when I say we are sick of seeing your insensitive posts and you acting like you know everything when you don't.

Either answer someone's question helpfully or don't say anything at all.

:::waits for Trinity's cunning reply:::
  • Okay. Everyone has thrown in their 2 cents and it's all got a bit out of hand.

Please can we all keep it on topic. Constructive arguments are fine, but there's no need to get personal. All of us have different backgrounds, income, race, religion and quite frankly - I really don't care about any of those things. We're all here to learn and develop our skills, no need to bring anything else into it.

Myself and Bryan are both pretty chilled out but I'd ask all of you to be a little more sensitive and keep threads on topic.

I apologise to the OP, but I'm closing this thread. I'm not deleting anything as I want everyone to see what is acceptable and what is not.

Thomas
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions