• Because I was stupid when I was 18 I lost my adsense account, you can guess why.

This doesn't bother me so much because I can't make money with Adsense, but more that I can't show people how much I'm making, confusing I know. Is there a way where I could show clicks without Adsense? I'm guessing no, but who knows. Maybe there are other people with my predicament.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-29 09:45:35
  • Setup a new adsense account. I lost my account when I was 18 too (who didnt!)

Setup a company or DBA in whatever country you are in. Shouldn't cost more than $100. Or get a PO box or something. Tons of ways to get a new account if you look around.
  • wow, i still have my adsense account, but in my recent site, i accidentaly click on the ads 1 or 2 times...
    shall i send email to them and explain?

my accont has been like 2 years with around 15$ on it, he
  • The only problem is they request a SSN, you can't really fake that.
  • [quote="maninwhite"]
    wow, i still have my adsense account, but in my recent site, i accidentaly click on the ads 1 or 2 times...
    shall i send email to them and explain?

my accont has been like 2 years with around 15$ on it, he

No, I think you should be fine. Just make sure you don't do it again.
  • Start a d/b/a and get an EIN.
  • Booyah!

Just signed up with a new address, since I moved, and got it approved within 24 hours. Now that's service. Yippee!
  • Hi NiK,

I was wondering about your post - not sure what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe it's just too early in the AM for me but would you care to elaborate.

Thomas,

Glad to see you saying something about incorporation. My own understanding (I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV or on the Internet.) a corporation is considered a "legal person". Hence a separate ID number is obtained and can be used.

And as you mentioned, in the USA anyway, one can register a DBA or "Doing Business As" which is a business name, for very little. This can be run as a sole proprietorship so no incorporation is necessary. These can obtain a FID.

Andy
  • Well I used a new address since I recently moved, but to get money out I'll need a tax ID after I make $10, I guess I could try putting in my SSN again, but I'm not sure if they will just revoke it once I do that.
  • [quote="Andy"]
    Thomas,

Glad to see you saying something about incorporation. My own understanding (I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV or on the Internet.) a corporation is considered a "legal person". Hence a separate ID number is obtained and can be used.

And as you mentioned, in the USA anyway, one can register a DBA or "Doing Business As" which is a business name, for very little. This can be run as a sole proprietorship so no incorporation is necessary. These can obtain a FID.

Andy

I own a LLC which makes it easier to do business in the US for me (any of you who live outside the US will realise some of the problems you can encounter).

You can setup a LLC cheaply and it also allows you to open and bank account, and gives you limited liability which is essential if you do regular business with people in the US and their trigger happy lawyers :)
  • Thomas,

We who are new to flipping business and are living outside US need some guidence on setting up of LLC and pros and cons of the same. if you could give us more info or webindar or Q&A it would help the community.
  • Re the LLC - I'm not really in a position to give legal and/or tax advice so I won't. I would advise having a company as protection of your assets but there are plenty of decisions to be made such as type of company, state registered etc. You can find a number of sites that will help set a LLC up for you, relatively cheaply. I would recommend consulting a lawyer beforehand. Try avoid taking legal advice from forums - more often than not, people aren't qualified enough to advise you.

Thomas