• Well, i know it is comming
    I fail to sell my first turnkey site
    But yeah, get some experiences from it

Now i will focus on buying ebstablish
    Wish me luck
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-11-29 12:16:37
  • Care to share your auction URL so we can offer some pointers? Did you feature it?
  • Here it is http://flippa.com/auctions/103900/Simpl ... timization

And i'm not feature it, cause i kind of negative about my site selling
    Dont think it will bump much if i featured it
  • Before looking at the auction, I can tell you that featuring is essential for sites to sell. We repeat it a number of times throughout the course for good reason - we've tested it with 100s of our own sites and can say with complete certainty that it is probably the most important thing.

Try it next time - you won't regret it!
  • Yes, i leaen it, btw, the feature cost around 30$
    Did they just increase the price?
  • It's $29 I believe. I can't remember the last time it was lower, except the Sitepoint days.
  • yeah, my site hasn't sold yet, but getting it featured got me a few extra hundred eyes. Although my site probably won't make money (or lose a little), I can see why it helps, just make sure you have websites that will sell for at least $400+ which shouldn't be too hard.
  • Just thought I'd quickly explain why exactly is featuring so important.

On Flippa, there's essentially four ways buyers/bidders find your site:
    a) Front page (featured)
    b) Ending Soon
    c) Most Active
    d) Search

While some would think that most buyers find sites through search, this is entirely wrong. I have communicated with a lot of my buyers (I used to send them a quick survey a week after the sale) and almost no-one bothers to use the search system unless they're looking for something very specific.

This leaves us with featured, ending soon and most active. While each and every site is guaranteed to show up under "ending soon" at one point (and if you're good you'll make sure that this happens during prime time), the "most active" section is something that's largely out of your control and typically won't happen unless the site has been featured first -a dead circle so to say.

So in reality, first page and the "ending soon" section are really the only two that bring your listing some traffic - and the last one only happens right before your auction is scheduled to end, leaving us with first page as our only option.

Ah, yes - there's also "just listed" which does bring some traffic but it's almost never more than a few hundred clicks.

Bryan
  • @Bryan-So would it make sense to go featured after the site disappears from Just listed or featuring it when your site goes live makes better sense?
  • [quote="fozer0l"]
    @Bryan-So would it make sense to go featured after the site disappears from Just listed or featuring it when your site goes live makes better sense?

It makes sense to feature during prime time (around 7-9pm GMT), no matter if the site has been just listed or been up for half a day.

What I tend to do though is list at around 6, wait for a few hours for the first bids to come in and then feature at around 8 - simply because bids attract bids and even a bid count of 2 looks a whole lot better than 0.

Then, I typically refeature day to half a day before the auction ends (auctions that are ending soon are attractive) - however, this is something I certainly don't suggest when selling lower-end sites as in those cases the extra $29 can seriously affect the bottom line.
  • Oh god, you made me really understand the importance of featured; how these $29 will eventually pay off.

Thanks Bryan.
  • [quote="maninwhite"]
    Here it is http://flippa.com/auctions/103900/Simpl ... timization

And i'm not feature it, cause i kind of negative about my site selling
    Dont think it will bump much if i featured it

Another tip for you is to have another person (perhaps this forum) read over your auction listing before starting it. There is a lot of room for improvement in the language of your listing.