• Hi guys,

I've read the ebook a while ago, and am still very much interested in getting started with flipping. Next to a full-time job, a few other projects and a girlfriend: what do you reckon would be the best tactic: quick-flips or building a portfolio and keeping sites for months-years? Do any of you have experience with getting started with flipping with limited time?

Cheers,
    Rob
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-05-31 11:30:27
  • I started out spending a few hours a month and just doing one site at a time. I probably averaged about 30 days to sell a site which usually gave me time to comfortably build up some revenue. If I could make $1000 profit for about 5-10 hours work I was pretty happy.

If you have the budget, pick up 5-10 sites now and work on them slowly. When you feel a site has stopped growing/has reached it's full potential, flip it.

So basically: same process, just spread it out over a slightly longer period.

Good luck!

Thomas
  • Sounds like a good idea. I'll probably start with 1 website for the first 30 days to get things started.
    Will let you know how things work out :)
  • This particular thread has been stagnant for a while, but I'll ask anyway...

What, exactly, did you do in those 5-10 hours to realize a profit of $1000 in a month? And please, I need specifics here.

Thanks,

Lost in Idaho

[quote="Thomas"]
    I started out spending a few hours a month and just doing one site at a time. I probably averaged about 30 days to sell a site which usually gave me time to comfortably build up some revenue. If I could make $1000 profit for about 5-10 hours work I was pretty happy.

If you have the budget, pick up 5-10 sites now and work on them slowly. When you feel a site has stopped growing/has reached it's full potential, flip it.

Good luck!

Thomas
  • [quote="jrrich"]
    This particular thread has been stagnant for a while, but I'll ask anyway...

What, exactly, did you do in those 5-10 hours to realize a profit of $1000 in a month? And please, I need specifics here.

Thanks,

Lost in Idaho

[quote="Thomas"]
    I started out spending a few hours a month and just doing one site at a time. I probably averaged about 30 days to sell a site which usually gave me time to comfortably build up some revenue. If I could make $1000 profit for about 5-10 hours work I was pretty happy.

Good luck!

Thomas

Based on what he wrote, it looks like he focused on increasing the earnings from the website. So, my assumption here is that he bought sites with no or poor monetization and improved the monetization on them.
  • There are a lot of things you could do with this. For example, if you found websites that had a good email list but nothing was being done to monetize the list, you could focus on just buying sites in this niche. Or you could find sites with a lot of traffic but no revenue and put adsense on the site or affiliate offers. Just a couple specifics for you.
  • I feel you should focus on one site at a time bro and try not to get overwhelmed. Out side of flipping I have like ten site and managing a lot of them is tough bro. So move slow and pick up the pace as you get more familiar with flipping sites.
  • [quote="blillard"]
    I feel you should focus on one site at a time bro and try not to get overwhelmed. Out side of flipping I have like ten site and managing a lot of them is tough bro. So move slow and pick up the pace as you get more familiar with flipping sites.

I agree. If there is one common theme in the internet marketing world it's that people can get distracted very easily. Everyone is looking for the "magic bullet" so they chase the next opportunity without fully developing the one sitting in their lap!