My 3D Domain Auction. Please Critique.
  • I have just listed 16 good domain names for sale on Flippa.

The link is http://flippa.com/auctions/105966/16-Fa ... ed-at-4280 and all comments (and bids :)) are appreciated!
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-09-09 20:30:23
  • Looks interesting. Having checked Estibot I cant help but wondering whether it might have been worth doing some domain development and then sell them with something on the site. BUt then I guess that is something I assume you checked with your coaches, so it probably wasnt worthwhile!
  • [quote="justin"]
    Looks interesting. Having checked Estibot I cant help but wondering whether it might have been worth doing some domain development and then sell them with something on the site. BUt then I guess that is something I assume you checked with your coaches, so it probably wasnt worthwhile!

This is exactly what I would suggest the buyer of these domains to do and yeah I have discussed it a lot with my coaches.

I actually bought 30 domains from Bryan himself and I'm developing some of them as that's what gives the highest return but selling others because I don't have enough time in my hands to develop them all.

If I wouldn't sell the domains as a package then I would probably develop sites on 3DDiscussions.com (forum), 3DTvStations.net (list of 3D stations, premium content, affiliate links) and a few others because 3D keywords are currently very easy to rank for, and list the high value domains like Movies3D.net and 3DRecorders.net on Sedo with a high price aiming to get a decent offer in a month or three.

But I am busy developing the rest of my sites and also need a quick cash boost so these 16 will go no matter what.
  • [quote="justin"]
    BUt then I guess that is something I assume you checked with your coaches, so it probably wasnt worthwhile!

Developing is always worthwhile to increase value, but it really boils down to how much time you have/what your time is worth.

With limited time and resource, it can be best just to offload domains as developing is an added cost and a hassle that can detract from earnings elsewhere.
  • Looks like the auction is taking off nicely!

It's been about 6 hours and there's already 19 people watching and 3 bids in.
  • Yep, It looks good... Be interested to see how this goes... Some of those I think have real long term value so even at bin I suspect they will be getting a bargain!