How Much To Expect For These Sites?
  • Hi All,
    I have a women's health site which has made about 500$ affiliating a CB product in 2 years.

How much can I expect to get for it? Its got PR 1

2)Question 2
    I bought a PR 2 site off flippa a couple of months back for 60$. Now, 2 other internal pages have a PR of 1 and I have made about 40$ off CB affiliate product.

Would this site be forever listed on flippa? Can the seller remove the listing if requested?

3) I have a forex affiliate site which I have had for about 2 years. All I have made is 1 sale for about 85$ and a few adsense $ when I promoted it for a few weeks. I just renewed the domain today. Not all the content is original.

Is it worth listing on flippa, and if yes, how much can I expect to get for it?

Thank you all for your time
    Vijay
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-09-23 12:58:33
  • Bump..hoping to catch a helpful poster's eye/thoughts/recommendations
  • The old rule of thumb was 10 - 12 times most recent net monthly earnings.

Not sure if you will still get that in todays market. Depends on the domain name, current traffic, etc.

I'm seeing many sites selling on flippa right now for 4 - 5 times net monthly earnings.
  • Thank you for sharing your thoughts and your time.
  • Hey Vijay,

[quote="Vijay"]
    Hi All,
    I have a women's health site which has made about 500$ affiliating a CB product in 2 years.

How much can I expect to get for it? Its got PR 1

Exactlty as mrstealth said, 10-12x monthly revenue is considered to be the "rule of thumb", however it can be considerably higher if the revenue has been very stable, the site comes with additional assets etc. or considerably lower if the revenue has decreased lately.

2)Question 2
    I bought a PR 2 site off flippa a couple of months back for 60$. Now, 2 other internal pages have a PR of 1 and I have made about 40$ off CB affiliate product.

Would this site be forever listed on flippa? Can the seller remove the listing if requested?

It's impossible to remove a completed listing from Flippa I'm afraid. Probably your best bet in this situation to play your cards face up and be honest in your listing copy - something along the lines of "I've bought the site from Flippa two months ago, spent a considerable amount of time to improve it and make it profitable, and am now looking to sell it" should do just fine.

3) I have a forex affiliate site which I have had for about 2 years. All I have made is 1 sale for about 85$ and a few adsense $ when I promoted it for a few weeks. I just renewed the domain today. Not all the content is original.

Is it worth listing on flippa, and if yes, how much can I expect to get for it?

I wouldn't list it without first trying to get it profitable again. If you were to list it now you'd end up getting a few hundred dollars tops (less Flippa fees) and this simply isn't worth the hassle. Unless you're tired of the site and just want to offload it - in which case go ahead and list it!

Bryan
  • Thank you for contributing your thoughts.

Yes, I'm never going to spend time on that forex niche blog/site. I asked, coz I was not sure if I should list it on DP or flippa and get it over with.