• Hi all I have only just joined I finished reading the book yesterday and I am working my way through the forum.
    I quickly relised what I thought I new about monetization was nothing .
    I have just purchased a pr4 adult domain name.
    what would be my best way to go with it .
    Ie build a blog sell links on it then flip .
    or just flip the domain .
    thanks for your time
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-09-11 19:13:10
  • Hi and welcome,

If you are just starting out I would stay away from the Adult niche unless you know exactly what you are doing.

There are a lot of problems associated with that niche, as well as added expenses for hosting.

Many people try to go that route as the money looks really good going in.

Best of luck to you.
  • [quote="mrstealth"]
    Hi and welcome,

If you are just starting out I would stay away from the Adult niche unless you know exactly what you are doing.

There are a lot of problems associated with that niche, as well as added expenses for hosting.

Many people try to go that route as the money looks really good going in.

Best of luck to you.

I already have the domain and reseller hosting i already have a few adult sites.
    But thought it being a pr4 was a good buy.
    hosted.
  • Check out GoDaddy auctions. A site with PR4 can go for $300-$1000, and that's just the domain name. It's very hard to sell adult sites as is.
  • Depends on the domain.... If I find a name that I think might be good I tend to look at estibot.com. They have two different valuations on there, a retail value and a wholesale value. The wholesale value is the one that interests me most. However it is only a tool.

Adult domains can be slightly harder to sell as a lot of sites like Flippa do not allow you to list them for sale.

The one thing I would do though is look through the web archive and cached pages and get some similar content back online as quickly as possible otherwise you will lose your PR and value to the site....