Budget: $100-$300, Looking to do my first flip.
  • Alright,

So I just finished the course. I want to buy a site to flip.

However, I'm really new to this whole thing. I'm also a college student looking to make money on the side with this, but am already pretty broke so I can't afford to get scammed.

I tried sending some private messages to sellers on digital point, but it keeps giving me this message: This forum requires that you wait 21600 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 19224 seconds.

Also, do you have a profitability checklist? It seems like there are so many different factors that determine the profitability...
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-09-20 11:52:00
  • Welcome to the forum,

Just take your time and don't jump at the first thing that looks good.

DigitalPoint requires you to establish yourself on the forum for a bit before sending PM's (unless you pay to upgrade). Simply post your questions in the open forum until you have enough posts/time to PM people.

Be vary cautious on that forum - it is known to have a lot of scammers so do not send anyone any money until you are certain they are legitimate. Also, double check all income & traffic numbers as the majority on there are not truthful.

Now, having said that - you actually could do the following. I have seen recently on DP (and warrior forum under complete websites for sale) established sites in the $25 - $35 range. You could pick up 1 or 2 of those if they had a good domain name, good traffic and were ranking for 1 or more keyword AND also buy a $150 or so site as well. Or, just hold out for a nicer site in the $250 - $350 range.

Right now I truly feel it is a buyers market out there. You just have to be patient and spend a lot of time weeding through a lot of bad sites to find the few hidden jewels out there.