How much a $10k/month site worth ?
  • Hi,

I have never been a site flipper ever but yes, I've sold a couple of domains thru DNforum and a Medium site ($15k).

Im doing IM for last about 4+ years and have a couple of sites earning about $15k-17k/month Combined income.

I have a site (since 2006) which is earning about $7k/month at the moment and is expected to make $10k/month in a couple of weeks/months now.

Here is the breakdown of earning sources :

35% Income from Adsense
    55% from Clickbank Sales
    10% from Cpa

What do you guys think that this site should worth IF I put it to sale?

Please note, Im not dying to sell it right now BUT am planning to sell it ONCE it reaches $10k/month mark to get good value. Also, the source of the site is about 75% from google & rest comes as Direct & referring sites.

Your valuable opinion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-07-22 01:06:05
  • WOW!

Industry standards would say 10 - 12 x monthly income.

So you are looking mid to high six figures.

Congrats - these type of sites are not easy to come by!
  • With a site like the one you mentioned you will rather easily get more than the "industry standard" - perhaps even 15x monthly revenue if you find a good buyer.

While it's true that most websites sell for 6x-12x monthly revenue, there's several positive aspects about yours that bring the price up considerably:
    * established / stable (?) income since 2006 - a VERY important factor when determining the price
    * three very different income sources
    * high percentage of traffic is organic (I'm hoping you rank for more than a few keywords though?)

One pointer I want to give you is when selling sites that are worth $100k+, especially if they have long history, Flippa isn't necessarily the best place to find your buyer. Flippa is great for new-ish sites and those that are worth less than 15-20k, but with anything above that you're very likely to get much better results by either listing it as a business (there's a few sites for this), or approaching investors individually.

I also recommend you to consider using a broker, especially if you're not (yet) very experienced in flipping.

Let me know when you've made up your mind regarding selling - Thomas and I may be able to give you a hand.

Cheers,
    Bryan
  • [quote="bryanon"]
    With a site like the one you mentioned you will rather easily get more than the "industry standard" - perhaps even 15x monthly revenue if you find a good buyer.

While it's true that most websites sell for 6x-12x monthly revenue, there's several positive aspects about yours that bring the price up considerably:
    * established / stable (?) income since 2006 - a VERY important factor when determining the price
    * three very different income sources
    * high percentage of traffic is organic (I'm hoping you rank for more than a few keywords though?)

One pointer I want to give you is when selling sites that are worth $100k+, especially if they have long history, Flippa isn't necessarily the best place to find your buyer. Flippa is great for new-ish sites and those that are worth less than 15-20k, but with anything above that you're very likely to get much better results by either listing it as a business (there's a few sites for this), or approaching investors individually.

I also recommend you to consider using a broker, especially if you're not (yet) very experienced in flipping.

Let me know when you've made up your mind regarding selling - Thomas and I may be able to give you a hand.

Cheers,
    Bryan

Thank you for offering your kind help Bryan. By the way, most of the apects you were talking about are TRUE in my case. For example :

1. Site is making good profit since its inception (2006) but it was NOT as much as of now. Its about 6-7 months back when I Re-Designed the site from some Professional web designers & the site looks very professional now. Since the traffic also started increasing at a good pace in the same time period (I have analytics for more than 18-19 months with consistant and increasing traffic day by day)

2. Yes, Im ranking on first page for lots of VERY competitive keywords for more than 7-8 months and am ranking at #1 for a couple of them. (but I still was getting traffic from google for a couple of long tail KWs before that also)

3. This is an authority site in google having 8 Site Links in google.

And yes, Im really NOT experienced in site flipping so I would CERTAINLY like to contact you when I make up my mind to sell this money making baby.

Thanks for your valuable input and I really appreciate the time you given me.
  • [quote="rajs1ngh"]
    Hi,

I have never been a site flipper ever but yes, I've sold a couple of domains thru DNforum and a Medium site ($15k).

Im doing IM for last about 4+ years and have a couple of sites earning about $15k-17k/month Combined income.

I have a site (since 2006) which is earning about $7k/month at the moment and is expected to make $10k/month in a couple of weeks/months now.

Here is the breakdown of earning sources :

35% Income from Adsense
    55% from Clickbank Sales
    10% from Cpa

What do you guys think that this site should worth IF I put it to sale?

Please note, Im not dying to sell it right now BUT am planning to sell it ONCE it reaches $10k/month mark to get good value. Also, the source of the site is about 75% from google & rest comes as Direct & referring sites.

Your valuable opinion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, look like you know what your doing and you trying to make us believed that you don't know the prices of your site, :huh:
  • [quote="drluna"]
    Hi, look like you know what your doing and you trying to make us believed that you don't know the prices of your site, :huh:

Hey drluna. Whats your problem? Has someone bribed you to bump my 6+ months old thread? You just joined here and in effort to increase your post count, you are trying bashing my thread ? Or you just want to dent my repo here?

I have NOT MUCH contributed to the community yet, but Im also NOT trying to be OVER SMART by putting negative comments on anyone else's thread.

And yes, I am aware of the value of my site, but still, everyone needs opinion from Guru's in this field and if this would not be the case, this forum would never exists.

So just chill and try to give something valuable to community by posting useful and helpful comments.

No offence to anyone but I really did not like the way you commented my almost dead thread.
  • Let's keep the posts positive guys.

By the way, rajs1ngh did you end up selling your site? If not, I may be interested in buying it. Feel free to PM me.
  • [quote="rajs1ngh"]
    [quote="drluna"]

Hey drluna. Whats your problem? Has someone bribed you to bump my 6+ months old thread? You just joined here and in effort to increase your post count, you are trying bashing my thread ? Or you just want to dent my repo here?

I have NOT MUCH contributed to the community yet, but Im also NOT trying to be OVER SMART by putting negative comments on anyone else's thread.

And yes, I am aware of the value of my site, but still, everyone needs opinion from Guru's in this field and if this would not be the case, this forum would never exists.

So just chill and try to give something valuable to community by posting useful and helpful comments.

No offence to anyone but I really did not like the way you commented my almost dead thread.

Bribed ?
    By yours comments I can tell that you have a lot of experience.
    I do not have any problem,I don't know you, I am a newbie like most of the people , I am here to learn, that's my question if you don't like it, don't answer period.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    Let's keep the posts positive guys.

By the way, rajs1ngh did you end up selling your site? If not, I may be interested in buying it. Feel free to PM me.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reminding to keep the posts positive. I appreciate your move on this I also do not want to indulge into any negative discussion.

Anyway, I have not YET put it up for sale and the site is NOW making about $8.5K and its on his way to cross $10k mark in next just 1 and half month (just realized the auto responder and mail broadcasting power, LOL).

By the way, I sent you a PM about a month back but got no reply. Would again PM you shortly

Thanks[hr]
    [quote="drluna"]
    Bribed ?
    I do not have any problem,I don't know you, I am a newbie like most of the people , I am here to learn, that's my question if you don't like it, don't answer period.

See drluna, If you have a question, you can ask me via PM or via posting in thread but you were NOT asking a question instead you were blaming me by saying "you trying to make us believe ......"

Anyway, Im here to make friends, good friends from whom I can learn something and can return the favor to the community ultimately.

If you have any question, feel free to pm me. I would be happy to be of any help.
  • [quote="rajs1ngh"]
    [quote="chrismyates"]
    Let's keep the posts positive guys.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reminding to keep the posts positive. I appreciate your move on this I also do not want to indulge into any negative discussion.

Anyway, I have not YET put it up for sale and the site is NOW making about $8.5K and its on his way to cross $10k mark in next just 1 and half month (just realized the auto responder and mail broadcasting power, LOL).

By the way, I sent you a PM about a month back but got no reply. Would again PM you shortly

Thanks[hr]
    [quote="drluna"]
    Bribed ?

See drluna, If you have a question, you can ask me via PM or via posting in thread but you were NOT asking a question instead you were blaming me by saying "you trying to make us believe ......"

Anyway, Im here to make friends, good friends from whom I can learn something and can return the favor to the community ultimately.

If you have any question, feel free to pm me. I would be happy to be of any help.

Same from my side,I am here to gain knowledge and help from the best.
    good luck!
  • This was an exciting thread to read.