Buying an expired domain?
  • I just bought the e-book yesterday or so, and the information in it is amazing. I just made a flippa account and everything and I'm about to get started. What I was wondering was, is it a good idea to buy an expired domain with a PR3 and put word press on it, a couple of articles, sell 5 text links, and put on flippa?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-11-18 00:31:34
  • that can also work, but yeah, if u think u can past this "20$ list + 30$ feature + site budget", then u can try it
  • Thanks

P.S.
    what's the formula to sell for?
    In the ebook it says multiply the monthly revenue of the site by 12 and sell it as that much.
    Is that true for every site making money?
  • It depends. A safe bet I stick to is 10x. That way anything over is a bonus for me.
  • Thanks irnwho :]
    I can't wait to make my first sale.
  • [quote="Sonokai"]
    I just bought the e-book yesterday or so, and the information in it is amazing. I just made a flippa account and everything and I'm about to get started. What I was wondering was, is it a good idea to buy an expired domain with a PR3 and put word press on it, a couple of articles, sell 5 text links, and put on flippa?

always remember that traffic plays one of the biggest parts in determining the price and value of your site, if you can promote it for some time and get some good organic traffic going to your site the value can increase immensely.