Dating niche blog auction in Flippa
  • Hi,

My friend and I have listed an auction and I would like some feedback for improvement.

http://flippa.com/auctions/94059/New-Co ... -Days-Only

Thanks,
    John
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-19 00:50:26
  • Hi John,

That's a good auction copy you have written there.

How many watchers do you have? Have you featured on front page at all? I always find that is the best way to get more bids (and well worth the $29).

Have you been proactive with the bidders? If you check the toolbox, we have a number of templates for private messages (outbid etc) which is always a good way to keep people interested.

Thomas
  • I agree with Thomas on your copy, but dam that is a long domain name . . .

Fruit
  • Hi Thomas and Fruit,

Thanks for your reply.

I had just returned from work...

ok, for the auction, it ended with a bidding price of US$150...not good...hmm

I had 6 watchers and yes, I have paid for the featured on front page when there was
    a remaining of 1 day.

I just pm the bidders a simple email that they have been outbid....hmmm..next time I should
    use your templates....

I read your book. Wow! blown away!

Any tip for me to focus on for my next auction?

Thanks alot,
    John
  • Yea, next time don't buy such a long domain. That is really a turn off for buyers.

Fruit
  • Agreed with Fruit on the domain name.

My additions: whilst I like your auction copy, I think you need to put more emphasis on the BIN bonuses and incentives. With startups you are really looking to sell at BIN every time (even if you reduce it slightly) - can't remember what yours was initially but this still applies.

You offer incentives for a BIN which are great - but I'd emphasize this more. Don't give them free hosting + transfer UNLESS they BIN. Would work better if you said something like: after sale you can host with me for $10 a month or we can transfer it to your host for $50 (make it quite expensive), or with a BIN you will get all this for free blah blah blah...

You want them to have a call to action to BIN so the more incentives you have for BIN and the more disincentives for a bid (high price of hosting etc) the better.
  • Thanks Fruit and Thomas.

What I will do is to work on a new sales page and paste the link here for review. =)[hr]
    Hey,

I got a PM asking me where I got the photos. I got it from istockphotos.

Other options are http://www.fotolia.com/

I choose photos with ladies...guess everyone likes to see a pretty face afterall
    even though they are bidding for a blog. =)

I am not sure if sxc.hu 's photos can be used because I saw the terms which says it is only for our own usage
    like blogs etc...

Hope it helps.

John
  • -> I send the pm.. ;-) thought that would be too offtopic so I thought I shouldn´t post this into an auction-advertising-thread, but thanks alot John for answering my question!

Fotolia.com seems very great and I will also check istockphotos out! Always good to have an alternative to flickr.

Thanks for your help.
  • [quote="blackheader"]
    -> I send the pm.. ;-) thought that would be too offtopic so I thought I shouldn´t post this into an auction-advertising-thread, but thanks alot John for answering my question!

Fotolia.com seems very great and I will also check istockphotos out! Always good to have an alternative to flickr.

Thanks for your help.

No worries. I am glad to help. =)

Blog flipping does work and it can change life. ..our life!!! :)

So we got to help out one another in this forum.

John
  • Hi,

I have edited the sales page here....

(I know the auction has ended. I would like to improve my sales page so I can use them for my next auction. =)

http://www.johnyeo.name/flippasalespage.html

Pls give me your feedback...once ok, I will list another auction soon.

"aiming to get 100% BIN all the time.... :p

Thanks,
    John

P.S: I have finished reading your wso book...great stuff! learnt so much!
  • I'm confused, didn't you already sell this website? Did you have a reserve on your auction?

This made me giggle.
    "100% Exclusive! Once You Bought It, This Blog Is 100% Yours To Keep!"

Fruit
  • Hi Fruit,

I am talking about the sales copy and the copywritng.

Yes, the site is sold. I am looking at improvement to my sales copy
    which I will be using for other auctions.

Thanks,
    John