Would like to sell a personal website - Should I or Shouldn't I?
  • Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct place, but here goes.

I hope you can help me.

I have a site about Singing:

http://www.howto-singbetter.com

Now I have had this site for quite some time and have only made about $200 from it. I just don't have the time to keep on trying to make money with it.

It ranks in the top 10 on Google for "how to sing better".

I'm attaching some screenshots.

I would like to sell it off. How much can I realistically ask for it?

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-10-14 08:55:48
  • Where does the revenue come from?
    -If from adsense: How much do you make monthly?
    -If from selling products: How much do you make monthly?
    -If not from selling products: Start selling them!!! Really, I think you have got a goldmine in hands with all the retarded talentshows on tv and all. You should go on youtube and search for these audtitions and promote your website and sell some info products.

Hope this helps,
    Mark
  • [quote="Maruk"]
    Where does the revenue come from?
    -If from adsense: How much do you make monthly?
    -If from selling products: How much do you make monthly?
    -If not from selling products: Start selling them!!! Really, I think you have got a goldmine in hands with all the retarded talentshows on tv and all. You should go on youtube and search for these audtitions and promote your website and sell some info products.

Hope this helps,
    Mark

Hi Maruk,

Thanks for the reply.

- The revenue comes from a product I promote.
    - I only put up adsense yesterday, to see if it makes a difference.
    - I have only made about 3 sales. Totalling $200... Hence my bloody frustration.
    - You say I should go on youtube. Please excuse my ignorance, but what would you suggest I do?

By the way, the product I am promoting is Singing Success which sells at $200. Maybe thats the problem.
  • Ah I see, I would find a little less expensive product and go on youtube.
    Once on youtube, search for those audition clips from those talents shows, and comment something like 'They can't sing for sh*t, the should take some lessons or try this [insert link] or something.
    You can post some videos yourself with auditions, just be creative and drive targeted traffic to your offer.

Regards,
    Mark
  • [quote="Maruk"]
    Ah I see, I would find a little less expensive product and go on youtube.
    Once on youtube, search for those audition clips from those talents shows, and comment something like 'They can't sing for sh*t, the should take some lessons or try this [insert link] or something.
    You can post some videos yourself with auditions, just be creative and drive targeted traffic to your offer.

Regards,
    Mark

Thanks again for your assistance Maruk.

Much appreciated!!