48 sites--sell in bulk or separately?
  • Hey everyone--newbie here just trying to soak everything in, and I had a question...

Over the past couple of years I've built almost 50 content sites for Adsense earnings. Each has 10-25 original articles on a variety of different topics, and about 30 of them have Ezine articles, Squidoo lenses, Hub pages and Blogspot pages all interlinking together. These were built with the Super Apprentice system with the intent of eventually selling them off when they reached a certain daily income.

Truth is, my business (copywriter, product developer) is really going in a different direction now and I'm looking to unload the lot.

So what's better--putting the whole bunch on Flippa and selling them in bulk or listing one at a time? I'll be honest...selling them all at once is much more attractive to me that listing 50 different sites and monitoring 50 different auctions. But I don't want to shortchange myself either.

What's your take, oh flipping gurus? :)
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-10-18 14:43:01
  • While There really is not enough information in your post to give you real solid advice on this one, here are my thoughts on what you have provided.

1) If any of the sites are individually generating over $1 per day in adsense income I would not combine them with the rest.

2) If you have a bunch of domains all related somehow (like the same niche, etc) then it would make sense to bunch those together

3) I think selling all 50 as a group is not a good idea, Instead of bunching all 50 together I think you would be better off grouping them in groups of 5 - 10, maybe 25 max

4) Transferring 50 sites and domains at 1 time is going to be a lot of work, so here again it makes sense to break it down into a smaller group.

Good luck, and if you post some additional information I could give more exact advice
  • Thanks for the reply--basically my highest earning site is around 60 cents a day. All the domains vary widely...there's a few that have similar themes, but for the most part it's all over the board. Most of my domains are at GoDaddy, but a few are at 1 and 1.

What other info do you need? The whole flipping thing is very new to me.
  • Well that helps a little - let me work this backwords. If you want to make the most money you can, I would recommend grouping them in groups of 10 - 25 max. I would also balance out the income so that you have an equal amount of adsense income for each of the groups.

If you don't care and just want to "get rid of them", then just bundle them all together and sell them and see what they bring. Remember though to address the doman & website transfer (how it will be done and who will pay) as with a large number of domains it is sure to be an issue.
  • Or why not have a few crap ones with one really good income site. This way you can get a good price for them all. So 14 shit 1 good. Once people have bid and 1 package has sold contact them all individually and tell them you have more of the same. This hopefully avoids an auction and fees if that all makes sense.
  • if i were you i would bunch them in groups of 10 with one or two better performing sites in each group and sell them in the basis of potential. I wouldn't tell my potential clients that those sites have had very few adsense earning. You can expect a $500 for each group or much more if your listing copy is top notch :)
  • That was my next question--what could I reasonably expect to get for these?
  • It's either me being blind or there's an important (perhaps the most important) piece of information missing - how much revenue are these sites generating?

You've only mentioned that the best one does 60 cents per day - what about the rest?

Without this information it's impossible to give you even a vague price estimate.

Cheers,
    Bryan

P.S. There's some very solid advice above!
  • I will buy them for $10 if u like :-)
  • [quote="bryanon"]
    It's either me being blind or there's an important (perhaps the most important) piece of information missing - how much revenue are these sites generating?

You've only mentioned that the best one does 60 cents per day - what about the rest?

Without this information it's impossible to give you even a vague price estimate.

Cheers,
    Bryan

P.S. There's some very solid advice above!

So far this year, just over $600 total in Adsense. About 30 of these were launched right at the first of the year, so they've been growing steadily as they get traction. My next check should be around $200.