• Hi, I'm one of those "newbies" who doesn't know a lot about site flipping. I've been to Flippa.com and have thought about doing this type of thing as a business but up until now, I've been procrastinating. (I used the excuse that I was "learning"). But no more, it's time to take action! :D

My previous internet marketing experience was in selling affiliate products. I used to work in a call center doing basic "tech support" for a 3rd party extended warranty company (think Staples or Best Buy warranties).

Since I basically got (on average) a 100+ calls a day, and most of them were spyware/malware/anti-virus related "how to" calls. I decided to setup a website called banspyware.com and refer the "customers" to it and hope they would click on my affiliate link and buy the software. Seemed like a good idea at the time and was pretty targeted traffic.

For whatever reason I let the domain expire and never did anything with it. In hind-site I should have tried to sell the website. Live and learn.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from the experienced website flippers here.

Question: If I have a specific website I'd like to sell, could I post the URL here and get some advice on the best way to improve it and get it ready to sell on Flippa or DP?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-14 21:12:28
  • Welcome and I'm glad you bought the product and joined the forums.

In answer to your question: yes. Thomas or Bryan will gladly answer and help with anything that you might need and I will do the same.

Fruit
  • Hello and welcome.

As Fruit has already said - feel free to ask for specific help relating to an auction or website - that's what we are all here for :)

Cheers,
    Thomas