Ok I want to sele one of my sites - some advise please
  • Hello,

this site I've got is in the Health and Fitness niche, the site gets almost 700 unique visitors and has 1837 page views as I am writing this, with a bounce rate of 4%, but no revenue what so ever, how much could it be worth? if anything that is...

the site is www.correctexercisemethods.com

Thanks in advance
    Rom
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-11-29 11:01:30
  • Web design hell. I hope my browser is broken and it was not meant to look like that. It's impossible to read or figure out what is what. You should move or remove the big bunch of links at the top or make them more readable or something. Just my advice. [I am exhausted looking at it so I can't really write more]
  • Yes I think the problem is the Free theme that doesn't look right on different browsers, I'll have to think how I can sort that out.
    Thanks for advise, I appreciate that.
  • For sites with no revenue, design (as well as traffic) are important. Make sure the site looks nice. Are your traffic stats per month or is that total since starting the site? Open up Flippa and look for completed auctions with traffic stats similar to yours and you'll get a decent idea of the minimum you can get. If you use some of our selling techniques, you might do even better.
  • yes I get it, thanks, the stats are per month, that's why I think it could do well even though is not making money, and 82% of traffic is from Search, 14% Direct and only 4% Referred, I think that's good isn't it?
    I have to sort out the theme, but not sure how, maybe I'll juts buy one we'll see!
    Thanks again
  • how much are you looking to sell it for? Also, what keywords bring most of the search traffic?
  • Hi, thanks for reply, to be honest I am so new to this game that I don't know, so maybe someone here can help me with that, what I think is that the stats are not so bad, I mean:
    690 unique visitors
    1820 page views
    av time on site 9 minutes
    bounce rage 4%
    new visits 95.5%
    this is according to google analytics, so someone could turn this into cash quite easly.

The main keywords are:
    Pages Pageviews % Pageviews
    / 207 11.37%
    /weider-8630/ 94 5.16%
    /how-to-lower-high-fsh-levels 89 4.89%
    /advantages-and-disadvantages-of-different-modes-of-transport/ 55 3.02%
    /indoor-rowing-machines-for-fitness-and-endurance-training/ 49 2.69%

and the traffic is 77.89% from the search engines, 16.4% is direct and 5.71% from reffering sites... is this good you think?
    How much could I sell it for?

Thanks
    Rom
  • [quote="rom"]
    Hi, thanks for reply, to be honest I am so new to this game that I don't know, so maybe someone here can help me with that, what I think is that the stats are not so bad, I mean:
    690 unique visitors
    1820 page views
    av time on site 9 minutes
    bounce rage 4%
    new visits 95.5%
    this is according to google analytics, so someone could turn this into cash quite easly.

The main keywords are:
    Pages Pageviews % Pageviews
    / 207 11.37%
    /weider-8630/ 94 5.16%
    /how-to-lower-high-fsh-levels 89 4.89%
    /advantages-and-disadvantages-of-different-modes-of-transport/ 55 3.02%
    /indoor-rowing-machines-for-fitness-and-endurance-training/ 49 2.69%

and the traffic is 77.89% from the search engines, 16.4% is direct and 5.71% from reffering sites... is this good you think?
    How much could I sell it for?

Thanks
    Rom

Would you mind sending me your Google Analytics so I can take a more in-depth look at it? I could gather a lot more info that way.

Do you know how to export it as an email?
  • hmmm!! no I don't know, and I don't mind sending it, I'll take a look and if you can also tell me how I'll send it to you.

Thanks
  • Hi,

I've managed to download the report for that account, I'll attache it here so that you can see it and possibly help me with my first flip...

Thanks allot
  • Did you buy the site looking like that. I have used that theme before and no issues. The issue at the top I believe is due to the amount of pages it has.

I think the site would make a fantastic wp robot site. I bought a site and a week later it now makes roughly $20 each day via adsense. I am thinking of selling it soon but to lazy to sort it out lol.
  • Hi,
    no I didn't buy it, that's my site but the articles are not my content but content that was added automatically, there are more then 1000 articles on there, and yes that theme must be the way it is because of the huge number of articles, though I don't know what to do to make it look better apart from changing it, I just haven't found any other free themes that looks like good in the health and fitness niche..
    I've put adsense on it but no one seems to click it...
    I'll have to think what's the best think to do with that site, what do you think I should do?
  • Yeah it seems like the best thing for you to do is clean up the design of the site. It looks like a big mess how it is right now.

You have tons of comment spam for one, and the big list of page links at the top is very distracting for a reader.

Try to find a cleaner theme. It doesn't necessarily have to have pictures of a 6 pack and people that look like they work out on it. Just find a theme that makes the site itself look good. Do that, clean up the comment spam, and get rid of all the other distractions.

If your goal is to get Adsense clicks, then you want Adsense to be the most prominent detail on your site. Use the 336x280 block and put it right at the top of all your posts. Get rid of all the Clickbank hoplinks and the Amazon banners and what not.

Once you see if Adsense performs good, you can try to add in some Amazon banners or links and see what happens. For now though, just focus on one of them (probably Adsense) and fine tune the site to direct people to that one way of monetization.
  • yes, that makes sense, thanks for the sound advise, I'll do that and keep you updated.. thanks again:-)
  • No problem, keep us posted on what happens.