80% Off Hostgator's Reseller Account - Black Friday - Don't Miss It!
  • http://i53.tinypic.com/2i1f8tz.jpg

Hey all,

You guys probably received the same email from Hostgator regarding Blackfriday

But for those who didn't, I don't want all of you to miss out this Black Friday special that Hostgator's providing for 80% off all of their hosting plans.

Which means $4.99/month for a Reseller Account which is like Thomas and Bryan said; very useful for buying and selling of website.

Simply create a reseller account and push the entire shit to the seller/buyer and he'll do the transfer; saving you tons of time and not worrying that any of your data would be gone (if you're on web hosting plan)

Currently it's at 50% off. I spoke with one of the tech and managed to get him to spill the exact beans on the exact time the 80% discount goes live.

It's 5am CST. Which is 2 hours from now.

I'm getting one. Any other takers? ;)
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-11-30 13:35:48
  • this sounds really interesting, but does that mean the monthly payment for reseller will continue at that low rate?
  • No, it's just a one of discount. I'd recommend just paying upfront for a year. A reseller account makes life much easier when transferring sites to a new owner unless they get decent traffic when you'd probably want to have a VPS for each site and just transfer that to the buyer (usually what we do).
  • Hi, (I couldn't see where to start a new thread for my question - hope someone can answer it here.)

I have a reseller hosting account but am not interested in selling hosting. I'm thinking of downgrading to -- what?

What are the disadvantages of having a basic hosting account with just add-on domains instead of a reseller account? And would it be easy to transfer my sites from a reseller account?

Thanks,
    Di
  • [quote="Caramba"]
    Hi, (I couldn't see where to start a new thread for my question - hope someone can answer it here.)

I have a reseller hosting account but am not interested in selling hosting. I'm thinking of downgrading to -- what?

What are the disadvantages of having a basic hosting account with just add-on domains instead of a reseller account? And would it be easy to transfer my sites from a reseller account?

Thanks,
    Di

Here are a few thoughts:

- If you are doing a lot of flips, you can sell hosting to your buyers for a nice recurring income stream.

- If you ever need a static IP on multiple domains, reseller is a better option.

- Transferring sites in their own cpanel account makes life a lot easier.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    [quote="Caramba"]
    Hi, (I couldn't see where to start a new thread for my question - hope someone can answer it here.)

Thanks,
    Di

Here are a few thoughts:

- If you are doing a lot of flips, you can sell hosting to your buyers for a nice recurring income stream.

- If you ever need a static IP on multiple domains, reseller is a better option.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.

- I've not even done one flip, and cannot see myself selling hosting due to the technical aspects of it.
    - Don't know when I would need a static IP on multiple domains?
    - I can understand that an own cpanel account transfer would be easier. (typo above - I meant to ask if it would be easy to transfer an addon site from a shared hosting).

Cheers, Di
  • [quote="Caramba"]
    [quote="chrismyates"]
    [quote="Caramba"]

Thanks,
    Di

Here are a few thoughts:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.

- I've not even done one flip, and cannot see myself selling hosting due to the technical aspects of it.
    - Don't know when I would need a static IP on multiple domains?
    - I can understand that an own cpanel account transfer would be easier. (typo above - I meant to ask if it would be easy to transfer an addon site from a shared hosting).

Cheers, Di

- If you ever build/buy sites that have ssl installed, you need on IP for each site in many cases.

- It might be a little more difficult, but is definitely doable.

You might also talk with hostgator directly to figure out what plan might be best for your particular situation.