Difficult to Monitize!
  • Hey guys,

So I was going to sell a site for someone (as a broker) and make 25% profit.
    Now, however he accepted it at first he now only wants me to monitize the site better and he'll pay me for that (900$). The thing is, I have no clue how to monitize the site better...

Statistics:
    22K UV/M
    PR 0
    Most traffic (15K/m) comes from IMAGES!
    150$/m from adsense alone

Things done already by me:
    1. New design
    2. CJ.com Ad placement
    3. Paid link placement

Things I will most certainly do:
    1. Create about 300 (PR4+) backlinks using my own techniques
    2. Sell ad spots when PR goes up

What do you think I should add? Bear in mind most of the traffic comes from images hosted on the site.

Greets,
    JD
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-29 18:42:20
  • I believe there is a way to insert ads with in images, if so, you could potentially make a killing from it . . .

I'll google around and see if I can find out the method/technique for you.

Fruit
  • Thanks... Girl, I thought about doing cookie stuffing but I'm not sure about it since I don't know the legal stuff going on with that atm
  • Cookie stuffing is only illegal if you get caught. . . Kidding, honestly it isn't illegal but will get you ban eventually. I personally wouldn't do it, but everyone has their limits. Also I'm not a "man". I'm a girl, if you don't believe me, ask Thomas or Bryanon.

Fruit
  • Or refer to this post: http://flippingnetwork.com/forum/showth ... 622#pid622 and you'll never need further clarification :)
  • Yea I should have written I'm actually a "bisexual". Sticking with one sex is really boring to me.

Fruit
  • [quote="Fruit"]
    Yea I should have written I'm actually a "bisexual". Sticking with one sex is really boring to me.

Fruit

Hi I'm JD ;)

Giggity
  • [quote="Fruit"]
    I believe there is a way to insert ads with in images, if so, you could potentially make a killing from it . . .

I'll google around and see if I can find out the method/technique for you.

Fruit

you can't do this with adsense anymore and will get the adsense banned quick
    however black label and juicy ads you can.
  • [quote="Fruit"]
    Yea I should have written I'm actually a "bisexual". Sticking with one sex is really boring to me.

Fruit

http://i47.tinypic.com/144bqrk.jpg
  • Hi MeaCulpa - question to you - for what you mentioned about the PR4+ 300 linkbuilding plan - is that something you do all at once, or spread out? Any fear of sandboxing from doing that - or this site already has a lot of links? I'm an SEO too (though only 4 months into it) and am curious what your take is on this.
  • Hey ddhamilt,

I've never actually even tried spreading and never have I had a site of mine sandboxed. I do about 150-500 backlinks every week and it's working fine.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here or to PM me.

Greets,
    JD
  • Hey MC - PM'd ya. Looking forward to a little SEO talk ;)
  • Why not look into CPM advertising? Traffic from images is very hard to convert on anything.. but being paid for impressions works great for that kind of traffic.
  • [quote="Stefan"]
    Hey ddhamilt,

I've never actually even tried spreading and never have I had a site of mine sandboxed. I do about 150-500 backlinks every week and it's working fine.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here or to PM me.

Greets,
    JD

Hey JD,

Where do you find so many high PR backlinks if you don't mind me asking?

Do you use blog commenting or some different method?
  • [quote="J1218"]
    Hey JD,

SEnuke.

We will try persuade him to write a tutorial when he has some spare time :)
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    [quote="J1218"]
    Hey JD,

SEnuke.

We will try persuade him to write a tutorial when he has some spare time :)

I use SE Nuke too, but only the social network nuke and social bookmarking nuke for the most part.

You must be referring to the profile nuking then huh?