Where do you buy and sell sites?
  • I'm wondering which are the best places for buying and for selling sites these days? I know that digitalpoint used to be really good for buying but hasn't it dried up a lot lately? Also what about flippa compared to ebay, gumtree and the likes when it comes to selling?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-03 10:04:25
  • Here's my top 3: Flippa, Warrior Forum and Digital Point. DP has changed a lot lately as you can no longer "bump" threads by replying. If you purchase premium membership (around $25 per month) your sales threads will be stickied for a few hours - perfect for getting rid of sites gathering dust on your server. There are others too, but in my opinion, if you stick to those three you can't go wrong.
  • Don't forget Webmaster's Marketplace (support the UK :) ) and Website Broker!

Crazy valuations at times but occasionally some very good deals.

JG
  • [quote="meathead1234"]
    Here's my top 3: Flippa, Warrior Forum and Digital Point. DP has changed a lot lately as you can no longer "bump" threads by replying. If you purchase premium membership (around $25 per month) your sales threads will be stickied for a few hours - perfect for getting rid of sites gathering dust on your server. There are others too, but in my opinion, if you stick to those three you can't go wrong.

Well you can "bump" again on DP. Well , kind of. What you can do is bump your thread back to 1st page once a month, or if you get a premium membership then once per week.
  • [quote="enrikole"]
    Well you can "bump" again on DP. Well , kind of. What you can do is bump your thread back to 1st page once a month, or if you get a premium membership then once per week.

That's true - should have mentioned that. The premium membership is well worth it if you run regular auctions anyway.

Not as good as the old days of saying "$100 current high bid by PM, please ask questions here blah blah" and being back at the top :D