Check this auction out!
  • http://flippa.com/auctions/93601/Gardening-Blog

First time I ever saw a Flippa customer support message.

Fruit
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-21 12:05:02
  • That's what you get for knowing the Flippa guys. Hooperman is a mod at experienced-people.net so would have given them the heads up.
  • I'm so amazed of the Winning Bid for this auction! :O
    How come a site that makes $1 per week goes for $1500?
    What are the strengths of this site? How can we achieve something like that?
    I have a site that has following stats according to StatPress:
    Visitors last month: 848, this month: 522
    Pageviews last month: 4785, this month: 3048
    How can i find a list of the keywords i rank for and their position in google/yahoo/bing as i used geoseo . com site but that isn't working anymore?
    I wish to sell my site for some good amount ... and i wonder if there is someone that can help me improve it to get the best value.
    Thanks
  • I think it is how you present your auction, as what Thomas has said earlier....

interesting and brilliant!

John
  • I would put my money on that BIN being an annoying non-paying bidder. Would be very surprised if that was genuine as that is one terrible sales copy!
  • I think you're right Thomas, i don't think it's genuine.
    Btw can you or somebody else answer my other requests in the upper post? That would be very helpful for me.
    Thanks
  • [quote="banditu"]
    I think you're right Thomas, i don't think it's genuine.
    Btw can you or somebody else answer my other requests in the upper post? That would be very helpful for me.
    Thanks

If you have statpress you should see the referring keywords, right?
  • Banditu its best if you create a new thread for questions. It really helps to sort information out for us and others. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks,
    Fruit
  • Yeah that can't have sold at that price. My first thought to was that it wouldn't have gone through to sale.

Question: if the sale didn't go through due to a crappy bidder, aren't you screwed to relist on Flippa?

I have several sites of this caliber or higher and I don't see how I could get that much for one. Although maybe a little redesign and sales copy can work wonders? I think I'll post one of my sites that makes a little revenue and get an eval from you guys if you don't mind.
  • [quote="ddhamilt"]
    Question: if the sale didn't go through due to a crappy bidder, aren't you screwed to relist on Flippa?

Yes and no. It's very annoying and time consuming. You put in a dispute when they don't pay and assuming you win it will be relisted free and usually (if you kick up enough of a fuss) they will also credit any fees associated with upgrades (highlights etc).

It is annoying though as it will show one previous listing and you have to explain why it didn't sell - always a put off to potential buyers.