Edmund's Introduction
  • Hi Everyone,

The first meeting was inspiring. I've been a web developer for 5 years working for online entrepreneurs building and maintaining websites. I've always wanted to start my own but the lack of capital and internet marketing (bringing traffic to a site) has prevented me from moving forward. I hope that this community can bring me the confidence I need to start.

Cheers!
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-01-20 12:02:16
  • Hi, Edmund
    agreed - that call was really helpful and gave us some good direction for w/site flipping and management.
    Pleased to see that you are an experienced web developer; would be good to hear some specifics on your expertise.
    Best, Jon

[quote="codr"]
    Hi Everyone,

The first meeting was inspiring. I've been a web developer for 5 years working for online entrepreneurs building and maintaining websites. I've always wanted to start my own but the lack of capital and internet marketing (bringing traffic to a site) has prevented me from moving forward. I hope that this community can bring me the confidence I need to start.

Cheers!
  • Edmund, I can relate to you as I have the marketing experience but have just been helping out various clients throughout the years and need to begin marketing my own sites instead. Welcome!

-Brian
  • Edmund,

I also previously provided services to clients but I decided trading time for money provides very little leverage and wouldn't allow me to have my ideal lifestyle. With your web development background, you have some great strengths with websites flipping. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and the ability to manage a website is definitely a strength for you. Ideally we'll help you improve on your weaknesses or help you find some team members who can compliment your strengths.

Chris.
  • "help you find some team members who can compliment your strengths."

One of my weakness is bringing traffic to a site. I have a site on the "diet" niche with pretty good design and content for two years and all it needs is traffic. I hope someone can help me on this and get me started.

I know about link building, article marketing, SEO, etc. but I don't know what or who to go first.
  • I'm happy to walk you through some options. The diet niche is pretty competitive but also lucrative. Can you post the url?
  • Edmund,

If you're getting any traffic now, you should easily be able to increase your revenue by placing additional adsense boxes and/or repositioning the current one.

1.) Since this is a blog type of site, the number one thing to focus on now is getting big volumes of keyword rich, quality content added to it. Go to the Google keyword tool and research some 3-5 word keyword phrases and write 500+ word articles around them. This will help start getting some SEO traffic.

2.) Set up an "opt-in" box to start collecting email addresses of people who visit your site. Perhaps offer them a free guide on losing weight or something a long those lines as the offer.

3.) You may also want to search for forums related to Atkins diet, South beach diet, etc. and start participating in them and including links to your site in your signature.

Chris.
  • Chris,

Thank you for the suggestions.

1) Content. I'm thinking of outsourcing it since it's not my forte. Do you know any copy writers that I can outsource? Also, what's the average cost of a 500+ word article?

2) Great idea! I will definitely put this up.

3) I tried doing this before but most forums don't allow websites on signatures. But I will try this again.

Question, should I convert this into a non-blog websites so that I don't have to keep adding a lot of content?

Thanks in advance.

Edmund
  • 1.) Yeah, you could start at Elance. Or perhaps you could be the first to post it in our new "want to hire" section at http://flippingnetwork.com/forum/forumd ... php?fid=82
    You'll probably end up paying somewhere around $5-$10/article depending on content.
    2.) Once you start building your list, you can send out affiliate offers, etc.
    3.) In some cases, you only need to get your post count up before they allow it. Check the forum rules.

Either way, you have to provide some quality content if your goal is to get search engine rankings. If you move away from the blog format, I'd suggest you pick about 10 keywords to really focus your efforts on and try to rank for them. The advantage to continually adding content with the blog is that you'll hopefully get ranked for a wide variety of long-tail keywords.