Need help with my website ! ! Please add your opinion
  • Ok,
    As you suggested i opened a new thread for my questions.
    I will disclose my niche even if that is not good but i wanna learn as much as i can even if i will keep the site.
    I own
    http://www.freshbedroom.com
    that has following stats according to StatPress:
    Visitors last month: 848, this month: 522
    Pageviews last month: 4785, this month: 3048
    It was PR3 from month 2 of registration but at Google's update in march went to PR1.
    I wanna make this as an open case for all of us, and everybody should give their opinions, their suggestions so my site get's the best value on an possible auction.
    I think everybody has something to learn form this case, as how can you better learn if not from an live example.
    Can't wait to head you opinions and i hope this will end with a good flip
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-29 19:20:02
  • Ok. . . What is it that you are asking?

Trinity
  • I'm asking for tips/trick to improve my revenue, ad positions, my ranking , the design and things that i should do, so after 1-2 weeks or a month when i'm thinking maybe to sell this blog i will get the best value.How much do you think i could get for this blog?
  • Alright, what you can do it build more backlinks, you've currently got about 300 backlinks, you can easily improve this by hiring someone to create high PR backlinks for you. (I do this as a service, if you're interested... I'm giving all of FN a discount)
    You could do some link trading where you put up a link to another website which puts links of your URL on his site. You can also buy links from DP's links section etc. etc.

Just my 2C
  • Anyone else?
    Thanks
  • I feel people buy for potential, traffic and earnings...

Aim to build on one...say Traffic.

Digital point forum has many providers providing traffic generation for low fees.

My two cents,
    John
  • I checked out your site, and if it were me....

I'd focus your onpage seo a little more.. on your internal pages, the kws are all over the place.

I noticed your not ranking for ANY of your keywords on goog, yahoo, or bing for the first 20 results, (except for your domain name, who cares about that:))
    Here's an easy and quick kw you could rank for:
    modern contemporary bedroom furniture
    (9900 est a month, easy comp)
    You could rank for that in couple weeks easy!
    Again, if it were me, Id focus a page on that kw, get a couple articles out there, then get those ever lovin links comin in!

HTH!
    Don
  • Thank you, banditu, for opening this thread for newbies like myself to learn from.

Experts, plse don't assume I know exactly 'how' to implement your advice - a little more info would be appreciated. :) Thanks in advance, Di

[quote="banditu"]
    Ok,
    As you suggested i opened a new thread for my questions.
    I will disclose my niche even if that is not good but i wanna learn as much as i can even if i will keep the site.
    I own
    http://www.freshbedroom.com
    that has following stats according to StatPress:
    Visitors last month: 848, this month: 522
    Pageviews last month: 4785, this month: 3048
    It was PR3 from month 2 of registration but at Google's update in march went to PR1.
    I wanna make this as an open case for all of us, and everybody should give their opinions, their suggestions so my site get's the best value on an possible auction.
    I think everybody has something to learn form this case, as how can you better learn if not from an live example.
    Can't wait to head you opinions and i hope this will end with a good flip
  • [quote="johnyeo"]
    I feel people buy for potential, traffic and earnings...

Aim to build on one...say Traffic.

Digital point forum has many providers providing traffic generation for low fees.

My two cents,
    John

Hate to disagree with you John but this is untrue. Also, never buy crap traffic from DP unless you are experimenting with something, want to lower CTR etc.

When preparing a site you MUST maximise EARNINGS! This is essential. Optimising earnings is far easier than increasing traffic and adds more tangible value to the sale.

You sell new sites based on POTENTIAL.

Sites you can't monetize effectively based on TRAFFIC.

And anything else you sell based on EARNINGS.

The difference between 5000 and 10000 uniques a month is nowhere near the same as $50 and $100 per month in earnings. Generally speaking, there is a strong correlation between revenue and sales price, whereas traffic could be anything.

This will be the difference between being a regular 3 figure flipper to reaching regular 4 and 5 figure sales.

Thomas
  • [quote="Don"]
    Here's an easy and quick kw you could rank for:
    modern contemporary bedroom furniture
    (9900 est a month, easy comp)
    You could rank for that in couple weeks easy!
    Again, if it were me, Id focus a page on that kw, get a couple articles out there, then get those ever lovin links comin in!

HTH!
    Don

Just to let you and the OP know. That keyword really gets 480 searches a month, NOT 9900.

Don you were looking at broad match + global searches. You need to make sure you are looking at exact match + local searches (global only if you receive a ton of global traffic).
  • Just to let you and the OP know. That keyword really gets 480 searches a month, NOT 9900.

Don you were looking at broad match + global searches. You need to make sure you are looking at exact match + local searches (global only if you receive a ton of global traffic).

hmmm must of been preoccupied that day...

believe me I am aware what I need to be looking at..
  • No problem, Don.

I just didn't want him to be spending his time on a keyword that might not be that great.