What is the price I can go for this site?
  • Hi,

I just bought the course yesterday & joined this forum.
    So far I am really delighted with what I've got from the ebook. :)

I have a website, ranks well in Google with this few keywords.
    Keyword 1 60,500 local broad search vol, ranks num 3 CPC $17.50
    Keyword 3 33,100 local broad search vol, ranks num 3 CPC $10.71
    Keyword 4 22,200 local broad search vol, ranks num 2 CPC $14.97

Traffic average 1000 Unique Visitor per month.
    Revenue from Amazon. $60 for April, $120 so far in May.
    Adsense not installed yet.
    Page Rank 3.

If I list this site in Flippa, what do you guys think about the reserve & BIN price?
    Or should I hold the site and installed Adsense for 1 month.

BTW, when will be the next shipping for the CD version?

Thanks in advance! :D
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-29 11:38:49
  • What was the revenue for the past 3 - 6 months? Is it consistent? You don't need to put adsense on your website to sell it, but if that is an extra income route then go for it. That is, if you're will to wait for an entire month.

Trinity
  • ^ what Trinity said.

CD wise, we ship them out a few times a week so it depends where you are in the world. Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
  • For keyword research I've been taught to use exact searches to calculate potential to rank for no. 1 spot - to give a more accurate representation of true earnings.

But if you're selling your site, only mention broad so it looks bigger and better? All about wrapping the package in the prettiest paper I suppose?
  • [quote="ddhamilt"]
    For keyword research I've been taught to use exact searches to calculate potential to rank for no. 1 spot - to give a more accurate representation of true earnings.

But if you're selling your site, only mention broad so it looks bigger and better? All about wrapping the package in the prettiest paper I suppose?

I'm not really much of an SEO guy but I do know that I wouldn't use broad match even in an auction as it is misleading to newbies and also makes you look stupid to those who know what they are talking about - so it's kind of a lose/lose situation.
  • Ah cool, so stick with what I know :) Thomas - do you work with monetization via affiliate, amazon more, over PPC Adsense?
  • [quote="ddhamilt"]
    Ah cool, so stick with what I know :) Thomas - do you work with monetization via affiliate, amazon more, over PPC Adsense?

I use whatever I feel is most appropriate to monetize. I usually don't hold on to a site for long enough to justify SEO.

Most of my profit is made through good negotiations on the quick flip methods.
  • [quote="Trinity"]
    What was the revenue for the past 3 - 6 months? Is it consistent? You don't need to put adsense on your website to sell it, but if that is an extra income route then go for it. That is, if you're will to wait for an entire month.

Trinity

It is brand new site, built in February 2010 & start picking up the rank,
    profit & visitor from March 2010.

Here is the actual traffic & profits.
    February 2010 - 371 uv, profit 0.
    March 2010 - 765 u, profit 0.
    April 2010 - 1128 uv, profit $60.
    May 2010 - 927 uv until today. profit $121 so far.

Any idea on the reserve & BIN price? Thanks.

Duatiga
  • [quote="duatiga"]
    It is brand new site, built in February 2010 & start picking up the rank,
    profit & visitor from March 2010.

Here is the actual traffic & profits.
    February 2010 - 371 uv, profit 0.
    March 2010 - 765 u, profit 0.
    April 2010 - 1128 uv, profit $60.
    May 2010 - 927 uv until today. profit $121 so far.

Any idea on the reserve & BIN price? Thanks.

Duatiga

I hope I'm not too late, but to be honest, I would hold it for a few more months if I were you.

You have already doubled your profit from April until now, so you may want to see if the revenue continues to increase.

For all you know, next month your revenue could be $300, which would add tons of value to your site.

Just my opinion, but I generally think if you see an upward trend of any revenue stream, continue to hold it until it evens out. That way you know you milked the site for everything you could, and you can sell it for much more than if you let it go earlier with the old income statement.
  • [quote="J1218"]

I hope I'm not too late, but to be honest, I would hold it for a few more months if I were you.

You have already doubled your profit from April until now, so you may want to see if the revenue continues to increase.

For all you know, next month your revenue could be $300, which would add tons of value to your site.

Just my opinion, but I generally think if you see an upward trend of any revenue stream, continue to hold it until it evens out. That way you know you milked the site for everything you could, and you can sell it for much more than if you let it go earlier with the old income statement.

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion.
    Yes the sites grow rapidly, this months everything looks double compare
    to April. I was once thinking to hold it atleast for a month to see how
    the traffic & profits will be.

Thanks again.

Akmal
  • Cool, let us know how it goes.
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    I'm not really much of an SEO guy but I do know that I wouldn't use broad match even in an auction as it is misleading to newbies and also makes you look stupid to those who know what they are talking about - so it's kind of a lose/lose situation.

I am so glad that you said that Thomas. It does make you look stupid when you post search numbers as broad match. It either shows that you are dishonest or that you really don't know much about what you are talking about.

Also be aware that when using the google keyword tool to find how many searches a month a certain keyword gets, there is a big difference between global and local search counts.

Local search counts are how many searches are done in the United States (or whatever country you have seleted)

Global search count is for the whole world.

So if your traffic is all US please use the local search count.

If you have traffic from all over the world, feel free to use global search count.

Treat this like a business and don't lie to your customers. Be honest with them and they will continue to buy from you. Lie to them about how much traffic a keyword gets, and believe me it will cost you money down the road.