My PR5, 1-word domain, 16 years old drop PR
  • Hello

I have a one word .org domain, 16 years old, previously PR5. Then recently dropped to PR4. Is there anyway I can get my PR5 back?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-02-14 10:37:06
  • Yes, get as many PR5 or higher backlinks, preferably from sites hosted on different IP classes.
  • [quote="mrsparrow"]
    Yes, get as many PR5 or higher backlinks, preferably from sites hosted on different IP classes.

Thats what i am thinking too...but is there any other way ?
  • Not that I know of....other than to forge or fake the PR, but that's not really a solid business practice
  • I think there is other way like updating the sites with more content..and few other ways that I can't remember.
  • I don't think so...content has little to do with PR...you should worry only about backlinks in my opinion. Look at search.yahoo.com - it's just a page with a search bar with no content what so ever and it has PR8

Also there are many websites with tons of content and which have PR0.

You should also keep in mind that PR is updated once in a few months. So even though you will be able to get high PR backlinks and increase your PR, the changes won't be seen until the next google PR update which could take as long as 6 months to happen.
  • There could be a few causes.

1.) Google could have changed the way they calculate PR.
    2.) Some of the inbound links you had are no longer pointing to you.

The only sure-fire way to resolve this is to increase your inbound links.