Greetings from the cornfields (Iowa)
  • Hello,

My name is Toby. I'm very excited to have discovered and to be a part of the FN Mastermind group. I've never been more excited and felt more promise from a business concept than VRE investing/flipping...and I'm simply fascinated.

It lines right up with what I've been doing for the last three years, (managing and developing e commerce sites), and I think, will revolutionize our model.

I'm hungry to learn as much as I can about the business and anxious to take action as soon as possible. Specifically, I want to learn more about CPC, affiliate, and the other techniques to monetize (apart from ecommerce) and market sites. I like the idea of automation, which hardly describes ecommerce, if managed solo.

Wanted to make today's 1:30 class but still catching up on class #1 and #2 note taking. Once caught up with today's recording, I'll be present for class four. Look forward to it all!

Regards,
    Toby
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-02-23 17:07:31
  • Welcome Toby, I'm sure you'll learn a lot from the mastermind webinars and forum threads. Enjoy!
  • Stefan, I enjoyed your explanation of Link Wheels in webinar 2. Interesting concept. We've hired a few different professional SEO companies to do our link building which as proven to be effective, remain within Google webmaster guidelines, but is very slow and pricey. Our current provider builds links only through blog posts. What is your opinion of this method? I worry it's less permanent.

It would be great to find a service that costs much less while remaining fast and effective within highly competitive niches, is more permanent, and is kinda within Google guidelines. I'm ready to be a little bad, so long as the risk is minimal. What would you recommend? Our contract is up in May.
  • Mindset, in my eyes there's a lot to SEO that not a lot of people really understand. A big part of this is the sustainability of links and link wheels. I've done quite a bit of SEO in highly competitive niches and I've found my own methods and link building strategies that pay off really well. If you would like to talk about SEO a little more you can always contact me on my skype, which I will PM you.

Stefan
  • Toby,

I'm so glad to have you on board and I think your experience will benefit everyone in the group. Regarding ecommerce, I think if automation is something you are looking for, ecommerce can still work for you if you're selling intangible (digital delivery) products or utilize drop shipping. We covered a lot on various monetization strategies in our last call so keep an eye out early next week for the recording. Let us know how we can help!
  • Chris, very good to be on board. Lucky to have found you all, and can't wait to share and learn much.

I'm definitely looking to hire a manger to automate our ecommerce operations. Soon! I need to better realize the futility of cost cutting with regard to hiring since I know for certain my time is best spent managing investment and growth rather than sales and operations, (especially now that I'm part of the Mastermind Group!)

Luckily everything is set up drop ship, so the challenge that remains is finding one trustworthy and trainable individual. Anyone know where to find good, decent priced, US based virtual assistants?[hr]
    [quote="Stefan"]
    Mindset, in my eyes there's a lot to SEO that not a lot of people really understand. A big part of this is the sustainability of links and link wheels. I've done quite a bit of SEO in highly competitive niches and I've found my own methods and link building strategies that pay off really well. If you would like to talk about SEO a little more you can always contact me on my skype, which I will PM you.

Stefan

Stefan, things are pretty stacked this next week but I've saved your Skype ID for a near-future chat about SEO. Thanks, looking forward to it.
  • I've personally used a virtual receptionist service (davincivirtual.com) but they probably wouldn't work. I'll ask around to some of my contacts and perhaps post a few options in the mastermind rolodex section.
  • Thanks, that would be great. Whoever we hire they will need to acquire a lot of specialized skills and knowledge from extensive training. I'm diving into results from Googling "ecommerce virtual assistant" and other similar phrases. Somethings got to be out there. I'll share what I discover as well.
  • I'm not going to put these in the rolodex because I haven't used them but all of these are recommended in the four hour workweek book.

End to end fulfillment
    mfpsinc.com
    moultonfulfillment.com
    nationalfulfillment.com

US Virtual Assistants
    assistu.com
    yourvirtualresource.com
    ivaa.org
    onlinebusinessmanager.com

Freelance Assistants
    elance.com

I did get one recommendation from one of my contacts who uses a good VA company in the Philippines. Let me know if that's something you're interested in.
  • Here is the Philippine based one I mentioned. My friend runs an ecommerce site and uses this company. http://www.magellan-solutions.com/
  • For us they will have to be domestic since the job would entail mailings of hard copy documents, samples, etc. An American accent would be ideal as well for this group of sites. I remember that list of 4HWW VA firms. Still need to spend some time researching. Thanks for the info, more later from me on this for sure.
  • As obvious as it sounds, you might consider contacting your local college and setup an internship for someone. That may not be the best solution if you work from home, but sometimes there's just nothing better than having someone there to work with.