Need help purchasing a website
  • Hi

So I'm gonna be buying my first website to flip. I just need help determining which factors I should consider when buying a website. My budget is $150. What kind of website can I expect to buy with this budget? Like the kind of traffic? Pagerank? Etc.
    Then I wanna know what's the quickest route to add some value/revenue to it. I know in the book it said to sell links, but I'm not sure how well that works. Is selling links an easy thing to do? Are a lot of people usually interested in buying links?

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-05-08 13:03:27
  • This is a fairly unspecific question, but I'll do my best to help. Here's what I'll suggest to you to get started. Go over to digitalpoint forums and start searching for sites that are for sale around $100-$300. If you find one that looks like it has some potential, make note of what it has for traffic, pagerank or any other factors you are looking for. After writing down the stats from about 10 or so sites, you should have a really good idea of what your budget might get you. Once you have done that, I want you to go over to flippa and look for sites with similar stats that have sold and do the same sort of routine. Again, this will get you familiar with what you might expect to sell a site for on flippa and why some might be selling on the higher end.

Post back here with your findings. Thanks!
  • did you end up making a purchase Keo?