How to end a auction on Flippa
  • I got a bid from a user I was talking to through PM and I told him if he bid a certain amount I'd end the auction and award him the site.

Anyone know how to do this?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-23 18:19:14
  • Can you elaborate a little?

What is your exact question?
  • @Thomas: He wants to end the auction early.

@dannyadams: When logged in, take a look at your auction page and you'll find a link on the right hand side saying something in the lines of "End early". Once clicked, it will ask you to confirm your decision and you're done. Note, though, that you can't end an auction if it hasn't reached the reserve yet. (in which case you need to modify your reserve price first)
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    Can you elaborate a little?

What is your exact question?

Yes. Sorry. I have a auction up on Flippa. The reserve price has not yet been met but I spoke with a user through PM who made me an offer for $50 below the reserve and I agreed to take the offer since the bids really weren't coming in.

The problem I'm having now is I want to end the auction and award him the site. I cannot lower the reserve to his bid amount. It is saying that I have to make it more than what the last bid was.

He wants to pay paypal.
  • Thought so but he may have been asking the practicalities of this.

I actually do it all the time. One thing to add is make sure you've done your due diligence on the buyer. Preferably I will always sign a sales contract or get a deposit before ending an auction early, as it is a real b*tch to get relisted if they decide they don't want it anymore.

EDIT: to answer your last question, when he places a bid that comes below reserve you are given the option to "lower reserve to this amount" - when accepting the bid. Flippa always gives a warning if a bid is below reserve.
  • [quote="dannyadams"]
    I cannot lower the reserve to his bid amount. It is saying that I have to make it more than what the last bid was.

That's the way Flippa's system works, unfortunately.

All you can do at this stage is lower your reserve to $10 above the current bid and nicely ask the bidder to place another bid - you can explain it to them and for instance agree that they'll actually transfer $10 less when they pay you.