Statistics - Average Revenue Per Unique Visitor for Various Monetization Strategies
  • Here are some typical revenue per unique visit numbers for various monetization strategies provided by Justin at FlipFilter.

How can we use this information to improve our flipping businesses?

Type of Site / Niche

Average RPU (USD)
    Ecommerce $1.49
    Digital Product Creators and Sellers $1.18
    Affiliate and Lead Gen $0.62
    Web Applications, Scripts and Software $0.24
    Marketplaces, Directories and Listings $0.20
    Forums $0.13
    Adsense and Advertising Only $0.06
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-04-11 17:34:05
  • I enjoyed read this article, this one looks very helpful (like other Justin's articles!)
    I see 3 ways to use this:
    - if you looking for some site to buy, you can use Justin's data as quick filter to find under monetized site.
    If you found some site, you just need to calculate RPU, watch for monetization type and compare this data with Justin's data. (So for example if you fount some Adsense site with RPU = 0.01, it can check more details about it)
    - if you looking for some site to buy, you can quickly determinate monetization improve tactic. (For example, if you found Adsense site, you can Add some affiliate offers instead of Adsesne)
    - if you going to start a new project, you can easy choose best project type and monetization type for your project.

(I'm not a big guru, this is gust my ideas about this... :) )

Alex :)
  • [quote="charlyod"]
    I enjoyed read this article, this one looks very helpful (like other Justin's articles!)
    I see 3 ways to use this:
    - if you looking for some site to buy, you can use Justin's data as quick filter to find under monetized site.
    If you found some site, you just need to calculate RPU, watch for monetization type and compare this data with Justin's data. (So for example if you fount some Adsense site with RPU = 0.01, it can check more details about it)
    - if you looking for some site to buy, you can quickly determinate monetization improve tactic. (For example, if you found Adsense site, you can Add some affiliate offers instead of Adsesne)
    - if you going to start a new project, you can easy choose best project type and monetization type for your project.

(I'm not a big guru, this is gust my ideas about this... :) )

Alex :)

Alex..Great ideas! I think you can also use it to look at how your current site portfolio compares with these number. It's nice to have a benchmark to know how you're doing.