just listed my first auction on Flippa
  • okay guys, I just listed my first auction

Here it is:

http://flippa.com/auctions/95242/Green-Energy-Niche---Customized-Wordpress-Blog

Please give me some feedback so I can make some improvements before somebody bids on it.

Thanks,

Michael
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-17 10:36:27
  • First to post! Let me congratulate you and wish you luck.

I'll edit this post with a "critique" later.

Trinity
  • Nice site but you didn't add the traffic status screen shot or Google Analytics.IMO, Since you claimed 300 UV/Month people will ask you for traffic proof before they bid.

Myo
  • [quote="myolay21"]
    Nice site but you didn't add the traffic status screen shot or Google Analytics.IMO, Since you claimed 300 UV/Month people will ask you for traffic proof before they bid.

Myo

That's a good point. Thanks for bringing that up. I just made a screen shot of my traffic stats and added it.
  • The "19 possible copies" found won't do you any favours - particularly as the listing claims it's unique content.

Maybe if you have time, consider re-writing the offending article/s

or stick it through a spinner
    http://www.jetspinner.com/index.php
    (have to submit email address and final copy can read poor.)
  • [quote="Captain Turnip"]
    The "19 possible copies" found won't do you any favours - particularly as the listing claims it's unique content.

or stick it through a spinner
    http://www.jetspinner.com/index.php
    (have to submit email address and final copy can read poor.)

Yeah, I realized this after the fact. I just went through each article and changed them up. I actually used the the google translation tool and translated the articles in two different languages and then back to English.

Seems to work. But I'm still showing the "19 possible copies". Will this go away after awhile.

Maybe I'll give the jetspinner a whirl. (pun intended):D

Cheers,
    Michael
  • You need to offer an incentive to hit your BIN price. At the moment, there is no reason for them to BIN when they can just bid and get it cheaper.

Offer free hosting, free site transfer, free articles, free anything... only if they BUY IT NOW! You want the BIN to be a no-brainer for the buyer with no reason to bid.

That is the most essential element to selling startup sites - BIN is your friend. Tiny thing but I also like to make my BINs with 7 on the end. So, $197 would be perfect :)
  • [quote="mcdavies"]
    I actually used the the google translation tool and translated the articles in two different languages and then back to English.

Lol clever,

Somewhere in the Flipping Secrets ebook it says you need to 'do something' to get Flippa to re-check your site for copies.

I cant remember exactly what you have to do but somewhere in the Flippa Cpanel there must be an option to 'Re-check'

I have never used Flippa though so cant really help more than that.

Turnip
  • [quote="mcdavies"]
    Seems to work. But I'm still showing the "19 possible copies". Will this go away after awhile.

When viewing your auctions you should find a link that says "recollect statistics" or something similar. Click this and the 'copies found' counter should update in about 15 to 20 minutes.
  • [quote="bryanon"]
    [quote="mcdavies"]

When viewing your auctions you should find a link that says "recollect statistics" or something similar. Click this and the 'copies found' counter should update in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Also, for any auction, I noticed a while back as a buyer on Flippa that if you copy and paste a disclaimer, about me, or policy page from anyone else then that too will trigger the evil " # possible copies".
  • Sorry to see that it ended with out a winner.

Trinity
  • @OP: You never featured your listing, did you? (Basing this on the fact that it's only got 141 views)

In my opinion, it would've been possible to sell this one at a BIN of around $250-$300 with a decent BIN bonus package and featuring it at least once (preferably towards the end of the auction).
  • Thanks for your tip. I will try this again and feature it this time with a BIN Bonus package.

First I need to do some more tweaking on the site.

Regards,
    michael
  • Care to reveal how much you paid for it Michael?
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Care to reveal how much you paid for it Michael?

The only thing I paid for was the domain name, which was 10 bucks. I built the site from scratch and put in about 7 hours of my time into it.
  • [quote="Captain Turnip"]
    The "19 possible copies" found won't do you any favours - particularly as the listing claims it's unique content.

why don't you install a unique plugin and check copyscape to see how many copies did it found before you make the auction at flipa.This way you know the content is unique and don't have to translate 2-3 times in google to make it unique