Joint Venture as Case Study?
  • I have a few MFA sites that are under performing. Or a larger affiliate site that I made about $2500 off of Fat Loss for Idiots. (It now has a different ebook that I made a couple of sales on last week) that I would be willing to let go if someone more experienced than I would want to hand hold me through flipping as a case study for everyone here. We can split the profits any way you see fit.
    Just a thought,

Buddy
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-26 11:08:41
  • Or alternatively you could flip it yourself and report your own "case study" for everyone and keep the entire profit.

Trinity
  • I'm with Trinity on this. There are plenty of us around to help you sell it yourself. And besides, that really is the best way to learn. Once you've done one the rest become much easier.
  • I'm just rereading the book and taking notes this time. As mentioned, I learn better by seeing and doing, than by reading. But we'll see if there are any takers otherwise I guess trial and error.
    I have a domain coming up for renewal for a grilling (bbq) site that is (at this writing) number three out of 384,000 in Google. I just added Analytics today. In retrospect, it's not a very good keyword (only 590 searches a month). No wonder it was easy to get so far with only one page of content.

[quote="Trinity"]
    Or alternatively you could flip it yourself and report your own "case study" for everyone and keep the entire profit.

Trinity
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    I'm just rereading the book and taking notes this time. As mentioned, I learn better by seeing and doing, than by reading. But we'll see if there are any takers otherwise I guess trial and error.
    I have a domain coming up for renewal for a grilling (bbq) site that is (at this writing) number three out of 384,000 in Google. I just added Analytics today. In retrospect, it's not a very good keyword (only 590 searches a month). No wonder it was easy to get so far with only one page of content.

Why don't we all help you value your site and list it? There are a number of people who have posted their auctions, so with a bit of research and observation you should get the hang of what people have done well (or not so well).

What's the monthly revenue like? Traffic? Traffic sources? Age?

Thomas
  • Alright Thomas,
    Here's another one...Number 7 out of over 2 million and 6 for a slight variation "widget vs widgets" out of a million, three. Both, Google keyword tool says get 3600 view a month at #1...
    I thought it would be a great adsense earner in the Forex niche but...so I've just added an affiliate program to it. Started in the beginning of March, made $3.98 until today. The site is crap because I'm better at SEO than building apparently.
    121 visits from a moth ago today, 321 since the beginning of the year. 82.55% traffic coming from Goog, 12.77% direct.
    Maybe this would be a better one?

B

BTW, the pulral is "option" and "options" for the difference in ranking.
  • BTW, if anyone wants to take a look it's at
    http://currencyoptionstradingguide.com/
  • Alright, bump for Billy.

On second thoughts perhaps JV's are a good way to get started - especially if people like Billy have a site but need a little confidence boost to get started.

Myself and Bryan would be happy to oversee a JV on this and ensure you guys get the most out of it.

Thomas EDIT: oops just realised it sounded like myself and Bryan will JV, not true. We will just oversee :)
  • Cool, I've shown the site above with stats in the previous post. I imagine Forex is still a hot topic and the site is on page 1. I'm happy with any split you guys think is fair. I want the know-how.
    Thanks,
    Buddy

[quote="Thomas"]
    Alright, bump for Billy.

On second thoughts perhaps JV's are a good way to get started - especially if people like Billy have a site but need a little confidence boost to get started.

Myself and Bryan would be happy to oversee and JV on this and ensure you guys get the most out of it.