How to estimate Text Link Ads earnings?
  • I'm trying to flip my first site (haven't bought one yet) but am looking for a quick flip. Is there anyway to figure out how much I can monetize a site with Text Link Ads?

Note: the current site I'm looking at is PR1 and might get me a couple hundred hits a month (with minimal to no work). I'm just wondering if I can even get like $5 a month for this on text link ads.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-25 06:30:05
  • Hi,

I'm not a regular user of TLA, I prefer to sell my links privately, either directly or via forums. They are also quite strict about sites they will accept into their program.

If you find the right people, you should be able to sell a link for $5 a month without too much problem. You could also sell lifetime links etc to build cash.

Thanks,
    Thomas
  • I haven't done link selling yet. What's the min PR you need for this?
  • [quote="ddhamilt"]
    I haven't done link selling yet. What's the min PR you need for this?

You can sell links on n/a PR sites if you have a good pitch :)
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    [quote="ddhamilt"]
    I haven't done link selling yet. What's the min PR you need for this?

You can sell links on n/a PR sites if you have a good pitch :)

Can you give us example of a good pitch?
    I have several of those N/A,Pr0 sites and i wanna go this route.
    Thanks
  • [quote="banditu"]
    Can you give us example of a good pitch?
    I have several of those N/A,Pr0 sites and i wanna go this route.
    Thanks

Something like:

WTS - high quality link on [niche site]

Hello Struggling Webmaster,

Backlinks are important. We all know that. Building them manually can be HARD work! Why not save yourself the time and get a HIGH quality backlink targeted to [your niche]. For just $5 a month you will get a [blogroll/sitewide/footer] link on my site (contact me for URL).

[short description of why your site is good]

My site is currently PR0, so this is no good for SEO right?

WRONG!

Backlinks from sites targeted to your niche are essential and cited by many SEO experts as being more relevant than PageRank! Google don't even have it in their webmaster tools anymore, so why should you?

So to repeat, for just $5 per month you get a HIGH QUALITY backlink on my site.

Only [5/10] available so contact me NOW to reserve a spot :)

Regards,

[your name]

I literally just made that up off the top of my head, but the important thing here is to play down the importance of PR as we are not selling based on that. If we were selling based on PR, we would tell them PR is amazing etc...

You get the picture :D
  • Wow, that's an great example.Thanks a million.Do you really think that i could sell NA/0 pr with $5/piece?
    I wanna sell links on this kind of sites for 1 year period.
    How much should i sell for?
  • Great example Thomas thanks.

So where are you going to sell these links WF? How are you getting leads mainly?
  • Sell your links on dp and get leads by looking out for "wanted" threads.

Trinity
  • how much do I charge for PR2 site ?
  • Just see what others are charging on DP. Won't get much, but if you sell enough it's a nice bit of extra revenue.