Suggestions on flipping an old site I've had
  • First time posting here. Some of you might know me from BHW. First thing I gotta say is that no matter what I do or don't do with the e-book, there is no question it is the most comprehensive, well written e-manual I have ever purchased. Good work.

Okay, so I have an old myspace resource/layout site. I've owned it for about 3 years. It was a turnkey site that I made a very few bucks with mostly from adsense. I'm talking small money here as in $700 the first year (2007), $300 the second year (2008 and about $200 since then. I never touch this site, the layout is amateur at best.

In the 3 years it's been up, my adsense stats show this:
    Page Impressions 2,626,096
    Clicks 18,784
    CTR 0.72 %
    EPC .47

Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's worth selling on Flippa as is or should I put some time into it and see what I can get. I really don't have time to putz around with it too much.

Thanks
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-25 01:49:59
  • Hey,

Happy first post :D

What's the traffic like? Is it all organic or through other sources? If the trend is generally downwards it may be best to pump a little bit of traffic at it and get the trend going in the right direction. The consistent adsense earnings are definitely in your favour here, can fetch some nice multiples on Flippa.

Thomas
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    Hey,

Happy first post :D

What's the traffic like? Is it all organic or through other sources? If the trend is generally downwards it may be best to pump a little bit of traffic at it and get the trend going in the right direction. The consistent adsense earnings are definitely in your favour here, can fetch some nice multiples on Flippa.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas,
    The traffic is all organic. The vast majority coming from myspace users who happen to be bikers of all things. I have some biker layouts and they just seem to grab them. Plus some other traffic from other social network sites.
    Would you have a recommendation on the best way to push some traffic? Some cheap ppc?
  • I would go with free traffic if you can as that is more sustainable in the eyes of a buyer.

Depends what you want to get for the site really. You could probably get high XXX to low XXXX now, purely because of its history and the fact with a little bit of work it could get busy again.
  • Myspace resource sites still make money!?!!?

Trinity