Quick Tip: Use Verified Analytics Data. Always!
  • When auctioning sites through Flippa, your main concern should be building trust and making the potential bidders as little suspicious as possible. For this very reason, it is ESSENTIAL to ALWAYS (or whenever possible) provide verified GA stats, it really helps your auctions a great deal!

I normally even go the extra mile and offer bidders to PM me for access to live GA stats so that they can see how the traffic is changing during the auction period.

Problem: I bought a site that didn't have GA code enabled and planned to do a quick flip.

Solution: install GA RIGHT AWAY and in your auction listing include previous awstats/webalizer screenshots with an explanation that you have only recently enabled GA and everybody who's interested will get access.

Problem: The site I bought for a quick flip did have GA tracking its stats but all the historical data is on the buyers GA account and the new data is on my account.

Solution: If it's a quick flip then ask your buyer if you can keep their GA code for a week or two, and if they can allow you user access to their GA statistics (this can be done site by site so it's really very easy and effective). Most of the people I buy sites from know that I'm going to resell the site, making this even easier.

But seriously, don't underestimate the importance of verified traffic stats. Traffic is number 1 thing that gets falsely represented oh so often and if you do have legit traffic then there's no reason to do everything in your power to remove any doubts.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-12-13 19:16:35
  • I always avoided to use analytics because they always show far less traffic than awstats. However I did notice that people are really really up tight about this like you said and in many cases less undeniably proven traffic is better than a lot of shady traffic :) .
    I experienced this on my own skin on a listing for a site that had over 1k uniques a day and people literally commented that it just seems like an unusual amount of traffic for that type of site and verified analytics will make their decision much easier. So yeah you're totally right about this. verified traffic stats are a big big selling factor.
  • So, how exactly do you do this on Flippa? Is there an option or some sort of way to list it to where there is no doubt that it is true, real data?
  • [quote="fulcanelli"]
    So, how exactly do you do this on Flippa? Is there an option or some sort of way to list it to where there is no doubt that it is true, real data?

When you list an auction you have the option to add verified Google Analytics through the Google/Flippa API so there's no way to photoshop the stats etc.
  • What Thomas says is true, but I disagree with the OP.
    Yeah it might look better, but you don't need it.
    I've been flipping websites with no analytics at all and I've been doing fine.
  • [quote="Sonokai"]
    What Thomas says is true, but I disagree with the OP.
    Yeah it might look better, but you don't need it.
    I've been flipping websites with no analytics at all and I've been doing fine.

It might not be required, but using verified GA helps your buyers to trust you a lot more which goes a long way. I honestly don't see why anyone would NOT use GA on their site, it just makes no sense to me. Installing the code takes all of 10 seconds and then it runs in the background on it's own.

Ensuring that your buyers trust you and are comfortable with you helps you to get a better price for your sites. Maybe you've been doing fine Sonokai, but there's a chance you could be doing even better if you used GA.