Page 67 EBOOK- softwares behind websites
  • On the ebook you mention on page 67 that we should be weary of websites with a large number of functionalities that may have complex softwares behind them. Could you provide links to these softwares so I may get a better idea about what you mean.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-05-02 18:07:36
  • [quote="Rodrigo"]
    On the ebook you mention on page 67 that we should be weary of websites with a large number of functionalities that may have complex softwares behind them. Could you provide links to these softwares so I may get a better idea about what you mean.

Thanks.

We aren't referring to any particular software. Basically what we are saying is to ask the seller what software is running behind the scenes. Then go out and research how much a license for that software costs. If you find the license for the software costs $5,000 and the seller is willing to sell for $500, that's a red flag. You'll want to make sure they have a valid license to the software and it's not pirated.

Does that help?
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    [quote="Rodrigo"]
    On the ebook you mention on page 67 that we should be weary of websites with a large number of functionalities that may have complex softwares behind them. Could you provide links to these softwares so I may get a better idea about what you mean.

Thanks.

We aren't referring to any particular software. Basically what we are saying is to ask the seller what software is running behind the scenes. Then go out and research how much a license for that software costs. If you find the license for the software costs $5,000 and the seller is willing to sell for $500, that's a red flag. You'll want to make sure they have a valid license to the software and it's not pirated.

Does that help?

I understand you weren't referring a particular software. But I would like to see an example of what you are referring to as I am completely new to this IT microcosm and would like to know what you are talking about. Any name will do and then I'll do my research on how, why, when, where . . . Thanks.
  • [quote="Rodrigo"]
    [quote="chrismyates"]
    [quote="Rodrigo"]

Thanks.

Does that help?

I understand you weren't referring a particular software. But I would like to see an example of what you are referring to as I am completely new to this IT microcosm and would like to know what you are talking about. Any name will do and then I'll do my research on how, why, when, where . . . Thanks.

Here's an example. If someone is selling a site that has been built on Expression Engine (http://expressionengine.com/overview/pricing) for $50, that is odd because a license costs around $300. Why would they sell the site for less than they have into it.
  • GOT IT. Thank you!