Should You Bid On Sites OR Always BIN?
  • I've been checking out Dp and a lot of the sites that seem interesting enough have bids on them. Is bidding something that we want to get involved in or should we always just try and go for a buy it now type of purchase?

Many of the sites that don't have bids seem to be pretty much garbage.

Not sure what to do here.

Lost in Idaho
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-05-29 02:01:29
  • [quote="jrrich"]
    I've been checking out Dp and a lot of the sites that seem interesting enough have bids on them. Is bidding something that we want to get involved in or should we always just try and go for a buy it now type of purchase?

Many of the sites that don't have bids seem to be pretty much garbage.

Not sure what to do here.

Lost in Idaho

My feeling on this is that you should use BIN when you find a site that you think is a great deal at the BIN price (and you know you can sell it right away for more on sites like Flippa or to a private buyer) or the site has something about it that you know you can add value to in order to increase the price you plan to sell at later. This might be a site with lots of good traffic but really bad monetization.

If the price you want to pay is lower than the BIN, then you'll want to get into the bidding game.
  • You don't want to tip other buyers to a potentially good site and create a bidding war. In the end you just jack the price up when you could of sent a pm with a offer and grab right under everyone's nose.