• Hi folks,
    I'm new hear, and bought the flipping programs a few weeks ago, and starting to take more action after a few week hiatus. I heard in the past, but am unsure that Godaddy has a 60 day hold on domains after the purchase.
    My question would this hinder a quick flip, and if so is that something to krrp in mind when purchasing a website?
    Thank you in advance for the advice.
    Michael
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-05-24 10:19:53
  • Chris has some experience with Godaddy domains so I'll let him give an answer from personal experience, but I did find this post by a blogger out there http://bestcheapaffordablewebhosting.co ... namecheap/ It sounds like it can be done.
  • [quote="Norkali"]
    Hi folks,
    I'm new hear, and bought the flipping programs a few weeks ago, and starting to take more action after a few week hiatus. I heard in the past, but am unsure that Godaddy has a 60 day hold on domains after the purchase.
    My question would this hinder a quick flip, and if so is that something to krrp in mind when purchasing a website?
    Thank you in advance for the advice.
    Michael

First let me clarify a couple terms:

Push - This is an "internal" transfer from one godaddy account to another
    Transfer - This is transfering from one registrar to another (i.e. going from godaddy to namecheap.
    Register - This is a brand new domain that is registered with Godaddy.

Each of these have nuances to them regarding the waiting period. Can you clarify if you are buying a domain and plan to "Push" or "Transfer" it to your godaddy account or if you are simply "Registering" a new one?