Website Valuation Tool
  • I'd really appreciate any feedback anyone has on this - good or bad.

http://www.flipfilter.com/website-value-tool.php

The old tool worked but wasn't great, because valuations with websites involves so many variables, it's difficult for a computer to assess everything. (For example, in an auction, negative comments may be answered by the seller but will still often put some buyers off, meaning less bids and a lower selling price).

This one runs off a new mathematical model and has twice the amount of data available so I hope it will be much more accurate.

Let me know how it works for you.

Justin
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2012-01-10 11:47:37
  • Justin,
    Hi.
    This tool works great, and shows price close to real price (I think so :) )
    Thank you for one more good tool! :)

(P.S. We are waiting for new articles on your site! )

Alex ;)
  • Thanks Alex!

I've got a few big ones planned for next month :)
  • [quote="flipfilter"]
    I'd really appreciate any feedback anyone has on this - good or bad.

The old tool worked but wasn't great, because valuations with websites involves so many variables, it's difficult for a computer to assess everything. (For example, in an auction, negative comments may be answered by the seller but will still often put some buyers off, meaning less bids and a lower selling price).

This one runs off a new mathematical model and has twice the amount of data available so I hope it will be much more accurate.

Justin

Hey Justin,

I'll give this a full "once-over" in the next couple days and let you know my thoughts.
  • Thanks Chris
  • I like the tool it shows a good estimate of what you could get from comparing previously sold site that are similar in profile. Great tool if you ask me.
  • [quote="flipfilter"]
    I'd really appreciate any feedback anyone has on this - good or bad.

Justin

It would be great if you could create a portfolio of sites you own in your flipfilter account and track their estimated value with this tool on a monthly basis.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    It would be great if you could create a portfolio of sites you own in your flipfilter account and track their estimated value with this tool on a monthly basis.

blillard - thanks for the feedback

chris - That's a good idea and fairly straightforward to do. Im currently finishing an auction manager that will monitor flippa auctions and only alert you if something your watching hits criteria you set. So for example, you could say only email me / push notification me (iphone) if this auction goes over reserve but is under $3000 and if it does, email me within 4 hours of the auction closing.

Flippa's current email system is a little lacking in features so I hope this will help people looking to save time there.
  • Love the idea. If you could set it up where people can choose times of day to get notified that would be great. For instance if my hours are 9-5 I might want to get notified at 5 o'clock of any that meet my criteria even if they aren't closing in 4 hours. (Tells me if I want to check back in the evening)
  • Just checked the tool out, pretty impressed. Easy to use and straightforward output that saves hours of Flippa trawling!