Some Pointers For My Third Site
  • Hey every I been loving the hlp you guys have been giving me. I need more though lol. I just got this anime site from dp $100. The site is called sengokubasara.com it has an exact match domain and it been around for a few years. Estibot valued the domain at $1,100. I feel I really got a good deal. My thing is how can I bring out out the most return for this site. The seller says he hasn't promoted it in a while so it gets like 100 hits a day instead of the 250. The site comes up on page 2 on google for the main keyword.

Should hold this site and drive some traffic or should I list as is giving it domain value. Also seller says it used to earn $20 a month on amazon sales. I really want to hit a home run with this one.

sengokubasara.com
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-07-02 14:24:40
  • Do like Thomas suggests and try putting some Q&A links on Yahoo Answers - lots of Anime people on there - then try selling it.
  • [quote="blillard"]
    Hey every I been loving the hlp you guys have been giving me. I need more though lol. I just got this anime site from dp $100. The site is called sengokubasara.com it has an exact match domain and it been around for a few years. Estibot valued the domain at $1,100. I feel I really got a good deal. My thing is how can I bring out out the most return for this site. The seller says he hasn't promoted it in a while so it gets like 100 hits a day instead of the 250. The site comes up on page 2 on google for the main keyword.

Should hold this site and drive some traffic or should I list as is giving it domain value. Also seller says it used to earn $20 a month on amazon sales. I really want to hit a home run with this one.

sengokubasara.com

My first suggestion is to find out exactly how the previous owner got the past results. You'll want to continue doing what they were doing and if possible, scale it up.

The best thing you can do with this site imo is to get the ranking into the top 3 on Google. You might consider hiring someone from odesk or backlinkforum to build links to the site. You could probably get about 500 links to the site for around $20. Keep doing that for a few months as well as getting quality articles added to the site on a weekly basis. After a few months, you'll probably have good SEO results and the value of the site will go up a lot more than where it's at now.
  • Hey billard, this site sounds cool. What have you decided to do with it...? Good luck.
  • Ok I set up wiki external links so far and it got the traffic a little better. I think I'll be doing some backlinking to this site to try to get it to boost in the serps. From there I'll do some youtube marketing since this is a anime video site lol.