Stefan - SEO package?
  • Hi Stefan,
    Could you perhaps give some generic advice of which SEO services that is interesting to offer with quick sales (offered as paid or as a BIN bonus)?
    -Twitter posts, back links, article submissions... ?

Thanks,
    Patrik
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-02 01:01:11
  • Just a heads up, if you are going to direct a question or post to a specific person why not try PMing them first.

Next time I'll lock this type of topic.

Thanks,
    Trinity
  • Hi Trinity,
    Guns down.
    I was about to make it as a pm but thought it could be interesting for my fellow flippers with some SEO advice to make attractive "bribes". Anyhow, I will not make any more public posts at all.
    Close or delete the tread, I'll take it by pm instead.
    Cheers,
    Patrik
  • I'm on Patrik's side on this one. I think it's a great public post and there's most definitely quite a few people over here who are interested in the same. I do understand Trinity's point of view as well, though - as the "Hi Stefan" bit did make it sound like a personal question rather than one aimed towards all of us.

That said, Stefan is probably indeed the most qualified person to answer this. I myself have typically offered basic SEO/marketing services (things such as backlink generation packages and press release creation / submissions) but could probably do a whole lot better job knowing a bit more about this topic. (SEO has never been my 'strong side')

Cheers,
    Bryan
  • For me, I think High PR blog comments and Social Bookmarking service will be nice and easy to provide as additional service.
  • [quote="myolay21"]
    For me, I think High PR blog comments and Social Bookmarking service will be nice and easy to provide as additional service.

Just a little something I wanted to add to this is that whatever services you offer as a bonus, make sure to make it absolutely clear to the buyer why these services are necessary and what they can do to the site.

An average Flippa buyer knows as much about SEO as an average cow about Stephen King so by failing to make things clear you'll still spend money but don't actually add any preserved value to your listing.
  • @ Patrik - please continue to ask questions openly, that's what we are here for. If you only wanted Stefan to answer, a PM may have been more effective.

@ All - we are a friendly community, so please keep it that way.

Thomas
  • Hmm, my post for the coaching students got locked as well.

[quote="Thomas"]
    @ Patrik - please continue to ask questions openly, that's what we are here for. If you only wanted Stefan to answer, a PM may have been more effective.

Thomas
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Hmm, my post for the coaching students got locked as well.

[quote="Thomas"]
    @ Patrik - please continue to ask questions openly, that's what we are here for. If you only wanted Stefan to answer, a PM may have been more effective.

Thomas

Billy - have pm'ed you.

@ All - please keep the thread on track :)

If you have any concerns or problems please contact myself and/or Bryan or post in the "suggestions and feedback" sub-forum.
  • This is something you should put in a walk thru video. Describing what good SEO can do for your business is a huge plus.

I think it is a bad mistake to not include a video explaining your site and the benefits of buying it in every flip. This can add hundreds of dollars of value or at least perceived value to the site you are selling.

Dave
  • I like what Dave says about making a video explaining everything. It also brings your potential buyers into a more trustworthy state.

I was thinking about what to offer with my BIN as well, and I believe I read this somewhere in the ebook or in one of the threads, but when someone does BIN let them know they are not only getting a website but also you.

You really increase the value when you offer support. Someone who wants to buy a website for the first time, is going to be less willing to buy if they feel like they won't get help.

In my opinion, the BIN price doesn't have to be realistic if you are offering things like:

Your personal messenger name
    1 hour phone consultation
    1 year free hosting
    20 brand new articles for the website
    500 backlinks

And really the list can go on.

Do more than everyone else with your BIN bonuses and I think people would be willing to spend more.
  • I also wanted to add to my post.

Put a value to each of your bonuses.

1 hour phone consultation ($100 value)
    1 year free hosting ($120 value)
    20 brand new articles ($200 value)
    500 backlinks ($100 value)

You just raised the value of the BIN by $520 dollars.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    I like what Dave says about making a video explaining everything. It also brings your potential buyers into a more trustworthy state.

I was thinking about what to offer with my BIN as well, and I believe I read this somewhere in the ebook or in one of the threads, but when someone does BIN let them know they are not only getting a website but also you.

Excellent. Right on the money with this.

Video wise - myself and Bryan are actually working on something you guys may find useful, watch this space :)

Access to you - that's something I've mentioned before. Often overlooked by sellers, but to a number of buyers (especially newbies) the access to YOU is more important than the site itself. In their eyes, you need to be an expert in whatever you are selling. If you put up a half-assed listing with no details, poor communication, why would they want to buy from you? And why would they be interested in anything you have to offer if you're general attitude is sloppy.

Ultimately, the most valuable thing you can give someone is YOUR time, and it can have a lot of value with a lot of clients and in the long term get you a customer for life.
  • Hi Stefan,

Im a new to IM...just want to ask

1 how does SEO work for you website?
    2. How do you select your keywords to your website?

thanks ed
  • I agree with Trin on this one, please PM me if you have a question. To answer your question... PM me, mail me, add me on jd@makemeknown.net or skype me on StefanDorresteijn. Hope to talk to you soon.
  • [quote="Stefan"]
    I agree with Trin on this one, please PM me if you have a question. To answer your question... PM me, mail me, add me on jd@makemeknown.net or skype me on StefanDorresteijn. Hope to talk to you soon.

I'm not sure why he is supposed to PM that question or any question that is directed to a pro flipper or to someone who is well versed in a certain topic. SEO in your case.

He even stated he asked the question publicly because he wanted the answer to benefit everyone on the forum that is trying to learn about site flipping. Which would include an answer to, "What are good seo services to offer as a BIN bonus?"

I hope everyone with a question continues to ask in the forum and not through PM. We all will learn from each others questions.

Thanks.
  • I agree with Brent. Much more benefit for the whole community if questions are answered privately.

We've established that this thread was meant to be a general question to benefit the community - so please let's make it public so we all benefit :)

Thomas
  • I know but if you ask a question to me directly I'll post the answer here. I'll answer more quickly after recieving an email.
  • Okay. I'll reply with what I feel works well, and if anyone else wants to add anything then feel free.

Blog commenting (I have Scrapebox) and Social Bookmarking are a good starter SEO package to offer as a BIN incentive. It's REALLY important to OVER-DELIVER on this part as if they like your service it is far easier to upsell more expensive packages. Don't feel like it's a freebie you are giving away - treat the order as you would any other paying customer, as with a bit of luck, they may well become a client for life.
  • Alright, quick SEO lesson, that's fun ^^. Alright, if I sound like I'm not excited it's because I just woke up from 1 hour of sleep with a hangover that would even scare Thomas.

Since SEO is basically the art of ranking higher in search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN you can imagine why it's important to do for your site. Higher is Search Engines = More traffic = More money (If you know how to monitize a site)

What I use for SEO? Good question.
    I can't fully tell you but I can tell you that I use software like SEnuke, Xrumer, Scrapebox and Market Samurai (Marketing samurai? I forgot). This gives me quite a bit of SEO that can be done automatically. SEnuke posts on social networks, Xrumer creates (LOW PR) backlinks, so does Scrapebox. Market samurai is created for niche and domain research (Haven't used it in a while so sorry if I'm not complete about it).

My basic SEO Package? Such a good question, again! (Sorry, tired)
    100 HIGH PR Backlinks
    5 articles posted on 150 pages in total (All with a BL)
    Giant Xrumer package (I get it for free from a mate, networks people!)

That's basically it for the SEO part. Use your imagination to use this on your flips.

Stefan