• Hey everyone,

I read the book "Killer Flipping Secrets" (and will do so again) and was impressed by its scope. However, it appears to have been written a year or two ago and I'm wondering what sort of updates or revisions should be added now. Of course, I know that I should scour this forum for those answers -- and I'm doing so -- but I wonder if the moderators or any of you experienced flippers can quickly list a few things (or point me to the relevant threads)?

For example, the book mentions that if we buy/build sites, we should only use .com, .net, and .org for the domain extensions. However, in the past 10 to 12 months, I've generally had better success getting .info and .co domains to rank than .net. If a .info site is outperforming a .net site in terms of traffic and sales, won't it accordingly sell better on Flippa than the .net?

Here's another question, the book recommends using Google Analytics. But, although I don't have anything to hide, I prefer to not reveal so much information to big G... So I've sought out alternatives to Google Analytics. I've read that Piwik, which is a free yet powerful open source program is a valid one. [Btw, here's a new guide on explaining how to set up Piwik: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-spe ... oping.html (non-affiliate link)]. What are your current thoughts on using alternatives to GA in terms of selling on Flippa? I'm not talking about simply relying on AW Stats, I'm talking about using a full-bodied tracking program -- in this case Piwik -- that some people say is easier to use than Google Analytics.

Thanks in advance to whomever replies. :)

I'm going to keep checking out this forum until I've read everything that's less than a year old. Also, I'm going to spend at least one hour per day reading and studying at Flippa and the same amount per day at Digital Point for the next 9 days. Then, on June 27th, I intend to buy two or three sites on DP. My plan is to sell two of those sites one week later on Flippa and the other one month later. My goal is to earn $1000 from those sales by August 1. Is that realistic?

P.S. Hey Chris, after purchasing "Killer Flipping Secrets", I thought I was supposed to receive a Cd (or DVD?) in the mail. Is that correct? If so, I haven't. However, as I live in Japan perhaps it's taking longer than usual...? :huh:
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-06-20 10:46:24
  • Thanks for the feedback on the book.
    [quote="Artemas"]
    I'm wondering what sort of updates or revisions should be added now

We're in the process of evaluating this. The challenge we have is that a lot of what we wrote in the book is still applicable. There may be a few new tactics but the overall strategy of the book hasn't changed. If you learn the principles we teach, you can apply it in multiple ways. So, a lot of what we plan to add are simply new applications of the same principles. If you ask specific questions, like the ones below, it's a lot easier for me to give you the latest updates.
    [quote="Artemas"]
    If a .info site is outperforming a .net site in terms of traffic and sales, won't it accordingly sell better on Flippa than the .net?

Are you ranking because you're buying exact match .info sites? We need to make sure to compare apples to apples. All other things equal, an exact match .com with sell for higher on flippa than the same exact match .info. However, an exact match .info with ranking and revenue history will probably sell for higher than an exact match .com with no assets like ranking or revenue history.
    [quote="Artemas"]
    What are your current thoughts on using alternatives to GA in terms of selling on Flippa?

You will certainly turn off some buyers. You mentioned you have nothing to hide, but a buyer's first question when you aren't using GA will be "what is he hiding?". So it's basically a tradeoff of privacy from Google vs. turning off some buyers.
    [quote="Artemas"]
    P.S. Hey Chris, after purchasing "Killer Flipping Secrets", I thought I was supposed to receive a Cd (or DVD?) in the mail. Is that correct? If so, I haven't. However, as I live in Japan perhaps it's taking longer than usual...? :huh:

Please email support@flippingnetwork.com and they will let you know when it was shipped. It may take several weeks after the ship date.