Site I want to flip - your thoughts
  • OK guys - haven't yet had time to try my first flip, been busy on some other projects and day job (which I just put in notice yesterday, done in 3 weeks yeah!). I'd like to do my first one this coming week, and then get to flipping full time since my job's done soon.

Here's an Adsense niche site in my portfolio that's doing nothing right now...

http://blackleatherchairsite.com/

No traffic currently, 3 months old, I did basic white-hat seo and a tiny bit of link building via LE exchange and article marketing, manual submission.

The keyword is pretty low competition, actually not to sure why it's not ranking, but haven't put any other effort into it and thought it might be a good project for a first flip. All original content.

CPC is $2.51, 8100 exact searches, and $101.56 monthly potential with exact. Funny thing is I see people in other auctions that list the broad search results - anyone know if these work, or if that's good to add in?

Here's what I'd do immediately:

Update design to much more eye-catching
    Amazon side-bar widgets and/or dedicated product page
    Add another adsense bar

BIN UPSELL:

Free hosting for 6 months, $3/month thereafter

SEO timeline spreadsheet and instructions for continued promo (also will offer SEO services at a discount in here if they like perhaps, and of course would put links in the package for that, for continued promo)

PLR Articles that can be easily rewritten or just re-posted.

That's about all I can think of from my perspective. Sorry if this is too much, your thoughts are appreciated.

QUESTIONS:

What would you do to it to spruce it up as an auction on flippa?
    What points would you highlight?
    What would you upsell?
    What do you think is appropriate BIN? $147?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-09-01 22:29:13
  • Any PR?
    No traffic
    No revenue
    Site has been LIVE for 3 months. . .
    You're trying to play on the potential of exact searches when no on in the worlds but marketers use quotes when searching google . . . (That's why broad matters so much)

The best thing you can do is start doing some basic SEO, sell links to generate a bit of revenue, and spruce up the design; then sell.

Highlight the timeframe that your site has been live. Sell on the point that you can easily start ranking & begin a steady revenue.
    Upsell on hosting/seo packages/blog commenting/articles/ebooks on monetization - traffic generation

I think your BIN is out of reach to be honest, but that's just my point of view. If you can get a little revenue/traffic started, then you might be able to get what you're asking for.

Trinity
  • Thanks Trinity.

The reason I'm saying $147 is because this lady here got a BIN at that price of an auction I was watching, for learning purposes.

Check it out:

http://flippa.com/auctions/95189/500-Mo ... press-Site

She also pumped up the Broad searches, so yeah must have been non-IMer. But her url niche is wider than mine too, so maybe that's why she's getting more for it.
  • Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Seriously she got lucky. No revenue, no traffic, but potential.

And yes you're right. Her niche is much broader then yours. That's exactly why I recommend you actually have some decent traffic/revenue before selling.

Trinity
  • Cool thanks. Looks like this one's a good trial for me using Scrapebox for some promo.

I guess she did a good job on the upsell then, good for her! I was surprised too, from when I first started following that she got that much.
  • [quote="Trinity"]
    You're trying to play on the potential of exact searches when no on in the worlds but marketers use quotes when searching google . . . (That's why broad matters so much)

Just as an FYI, when you look at the Google Keyword Tool and see x,xxx searches on exact match, it doesn't mean that the person actually searched for it with "quotes" or [brackets] around the keyword phrase.

Exact match means that the person searched for that exact keyword phrase with nothing else before or after it whereas broad means that the keywords were just somewhere in the search query.

So in the OP's example of "black leather chairs" being his keyword phrase, broad match would include any search query that had the words black, leather, and chair in it. For example: "best place to buy a leather chair that is black" would count toward the broad match of "black leather chair"

So in reality, basing your results off broad match is the worst way to gauge potential traffic and looking at exact match is way more accurate.
  • =]

Thanks,
    Trinity
  • [quote="Trinity"]
    Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Seriously she got lucky. No revenue, no traffic, but potential.

And yes you're right. Her niche is much broader then yours. That's exactly why I recommend you actually have some decent traffic/revenue before selling.

Trinity
    [hr]
    I think the person who bought it got lucky it comes with wp-robot, which the new owner can use on up three blogs. The license costs $549 and according the agreement you have sell your site for at least $140.To purchase wp-robot for personal use is$129-$169.

I don't about you I always figure the total cost plus any fees add 15% that would be may bare minimum price. Hopefully she has sold many of these autoblogs.

I agree with Trinity. Do little more work on it and let breathe In the meantime find another one keep moving go for the no brainers and you'll be fine

best Alan