• whas teh best payment method - I cant see any benefit of cc over pp - ?

pp seems safer - what do you reckon for a noob ?

cheers guys
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-08-30 18:03:43
  • [quote="sound_as_a_pound"]
    whas teh best payment method - I cant see any benefit of cc over pp - ?

pp seems safer - what do you reckon for a noob ?

cheers guys

Can you clarify the question? Do you mean for selling to customers or for buying/selling a site?
  • for selling -
  • For selling to customers, I'd say it doesn't make a major difference from a conversion perspective. However, every payment provider has positives and negatives. Here are some examples:
    1.) Your own merchant account. plus: lowest costs if you're doing any volume. minus: you have to deal with chargebacks manually and approval can be tough in some situations.
    2.) Paypal. plus: widely used and simple to integrate. minus: have been known to shut down accounts.
    3.) Clickbank: plus: big network of potential affiliates. minus: high fees.

What I'd recommend is looking at what your top competitors are using. Then do some research on each of those payment providers. Compare things like rates, negative publicity, approval rates, ease of use, etc.

Unfortunately there isn't a blanket answer to your question because there are so many factors in choosing the best for your particular situation.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    For selling to customers, I'd say it doesn't make a major difference from a conversion perspective. However, every payment provider has positives and negatives. Here are some examples:
    1.) Your own merchant account. plus: lowest costs if you're doing any volume. minus: you have to deal with chargebacks manually and approval can be tough in some situations.
    2.) Paypal. plus: widely used and simple to integrate. minus: have been known to shut down accounts.
    3.) Clickbank: plus: big network of potential affiliates. minus: high fees.

What I'd recommend is looking at what your top competitors are using. Then do some research on each of those payment providers. Compare things like rates, negative publicity, approval rates, ease of use, etc.

Unfortunately there isn't a blanket answer to your question because there are so many factors in choosing the best for your particular situation.

hey chris - sry I wasnt specific to start with - I really meant when flipping which payment is best - flipping via flippa -
  • [quote="sound_as_a_pound"]
    hey chris - sry I wasnt specific to start with - I really meant when flipping which payment is best - flipping via flippa -

The best payment method when selling is one that doesn't allow the buyer to dispute the charge such as a wire, paypal as a gift, etc. However, most buyers aren't crazy about that idea. I normally like to use an escrow service for payment but for smaller transactions this isn't always feasible. In those cases, I normally try to decide what level of trust I have with the buyer. If I trust the buyer, I might do a paypal transactions perhaps in two payments always holding something back until I get final payment.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    [quote="sound_as_a_pound"]

The best payment method when selling is one that doesn't allow the buyer to dispute the charge such as a wire, paypal as a gift, etc. However, most buyers aren't crazy about that idea. I normally like to use an escrow service for payment but for smaller transactions this isn't always feasible. In those cases, I normally try to decide what level of trust I have with the buyer. If I trust the buyer, I might do a paypal transactions perhaps in two payments always holding something back until I get final payment.

cheers brosef
  • How long does it take to receive funds from escrow?
  • [quote="nacho"]
    How long does it take to receive funds from escrow?

Depends on the escrow company and the dispersal method you have chosen. Here's some info from escrow.com https://escrow.com/solutions/escrow/process5.asp.