Quick, Easy tip to find really great deals on a site
  • I was reading through the blog of another marketer that utilizes site flipping and he wrote a really good tip in one of his posts that I wanted to share with you guys.

Let's say you find a site on Flippa and it ranks on the 1st page of Google and makes $500 a month (these are just examples, any amount can be thrown in there).

The seller wants 10x-12x monthly revenue so it sells for $5,000-$6,000. (The key here is that the auction was successful)

Find out exactly what term the site was ranking for, how it was making it's revenue, and all the normal due diligence involved.

Now, search for that keyword phrase on Google and go to the 2nd or even 3rd page of results and find some sites that you think you can fix up and get ranked on the first page rather easily. This will require you to know some SEO or outsource it obviously.

Make some offers on the sites and see which one you can get the best deal on. Chances are, if they are on the 2nd page, they aren't making much income with the site and you may be able to get it for really cheap.

You know that another site ranking for the exact same keyword phrase has the potential to make $500 a month so now just get to work moving the site up in the search engines and monetize it in a similar way the other site that sold for 5-6k does.

And there you have it. You knew a deal was going to be profitable before you even started based on what another site ranking for the same keyword phrase sold for.

The key obviously is to target keywords where the 1st page isn't all that strong and you know you can easily rank on it.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

This is not my method so I don't wish to take any credit for it. Here is the blog post that I read it on: http://www.viperchill.com/buying-selling-websites/

There's a lot of other cool stuff on his blog too that you guys may wanna check out.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-02 12:22:05
  • Ok - Cool
  • Nice method, usable, but can be difficult finding willing sellers. I've attempted to do something similar in the past and it always ends with the website owner wanting $XXX,XXX for his site.

Trinity
  • I like this idea thanks for the share...