Site number 3 a success
  • Hey all I just wanted to drop by post another success story for you guys. i just finished another deal on flippa for a site I put together about 2 weeks ago. Now I didn't do the buy low sell high method taught in the course with this site. Instead I went along the lines of building a turnkey service based site.My first two listing were quick flips but not this one. I wanted to see if I was able to take a brand new site with no traffic and money and sell it. Now I didn't make a whole lot but I did profit. The site cost me a total of like $43 to build including the flippa fee so it was really like $20 for the domain and template i got from theme forest.I just include the flippa fee in the cost of site setup. The site sold for $90 with a flippa fee of $5 and paypal fee of $4, that left with me around $42 and some change once it was all said and done. I feel like I should of did like a 1 day auction for this since the profit was low, but I look at it like this, I was able to take small money and turn it into bigger money so in the end I'm successful. I'll be adding turnkey site to business model so I can keep things flowing as I build my fleet big money sites. For anyone still having trouble I'm proof that you can take nothing and turn it into something. :cool:
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-09-04 09:43:14
  • Great work. Love to hear about the success.
  • [quote="blillard"]
    Hey all I just wanted to drop by post another success story for you guys. i just finished another deal on flippa for a site I put together about 2 weeks ago. Now I didn't do the buy low sell high method taught in the course with this site. Instead I went along the lines of building a turnkey service based site.My first two listing were quick flips but not this one. I wanted to see if I was able to take a brand new site with no traffic and money and sell it. Now I didn't make a whole lot but I did profit. The site cost me a total of like $43 to build including the flippa fee so it was really like $20 for the domain and template i got from theme forest.I just include the flippa fee in the cost of site setup. The site sold for $90 with a flippa fee of $5 and paypal fee of $4, that left with me around $42 and some change once it was all said and done. I feel like I should of did like a 1 day auction for this since the profit was low, but I look at it like this, I was able to take small money and turn it into bigger money so in the end I'm successful. I'll be adding turnkey site to business model so I can keep things flowing as I build my fleet big money sites. For anyone still having trouble I'm proof that you can take nothing and turn it into something. :cool:

Great success story! While this isn't a method we normally recommend, it's great for those just getting started out who want to make a little quick cash to get things rolling. Is there anything in particular you did which you feel made this one sell?

Chris.
  • Honestly there are some things I wish I did that would have made it sell for more. I wish I built in wordpress instead of html, but I needed the html training that I got from building the site. I will be using wordpress on the next one. I picked a theme that not everyone was using. If you look at a lot of the auctions around service sites, you'll notice that the sellers tend to keep using the same theme when they could easily just buy new ones for like 10 bucks a pot. I feel that is mandatory investment so that I won't get hit with comments about duplicates sites. Its almost like follow the leader with themes. I picked a services that was hot right now google plus one services.

I know it's not the method that I learned in the course but I feel this I will get back on track with the training course as I build up my capitol and site resume. I actually still have a few site on under my belt that I am holding on to, I am going to build these up more and do a flip. Thanks all for you help with this so far. I will continue to post them as I flip them.
  • [quote="blillard"]
    Hey all I just wanted to drop by post another success story for you guys. i just finished another deal on flippa for a site I put together about 2 weeks ago. Now I didn't do the buy low sell high method taught in the course with this site. Instead I went along the lines of building a turnkey service based site.My first two listing were quick flips but not this one. I wanted to see if I was able to take a brand new site with no traffic and money and sell it. Now I didn't make a whole lot but I did profit. The site cost me a total of like $43 to build including the flippa fee so it was really like $20 for the domain and template i got from theme forest.I just include the flippa fee in the cost of site setup. The site sold for $90 with a flippa fee of $5 and paypal fee of $4, that left with me around $42 and some change once it was all said and done. I feel like I should of did like a 1 day auction for this since the profit was low, but I look at it like this, I was able to take small money and turn it into bigger money so in the end I'm successful. I'll be adding turnkey site to business model so I can keep things flowing as I build my fleet big money sites. For anyone still having trouble I'm proof that you can take nothing and turn it into something. :cool:

Thanks David, I'm just getting started with this. This was encouraging!
  • Let us know about your successes too.