Cheatsforangrybirds.net?
  • Hey all I just purchased this site today cheatsforangrybirds.net. Its an exact match domain and right now it sites on page two position 20 in google. What would you guys do to this site to add more value? I know I can easily get it to position one with a few backlinks. Just thought I get some advise first.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-10-24 11:31:56
  • [quote="blillard"]
    Hey all I just purchased this site today cheatsforangrybirds.net. Its an exact match domain and right now it sites on page two position 20 in google. What would you guys do to this site to add more value? I know I can easily get it to position one with a few backlinks. Just thought I get some advise first.

SEO is the obvious choice as you said.

You might want to create your own walk-through of all the levels and set it up where people can see a portion of the walk-through but to see the rest they have to fill out an offer on a content locker.
  • Yeah I did a little bit of seo and it moved up 4 spots since I got it. It just need backlinks from there. I was thinking the same thing about the videos. I might add my own content locker if I were to. Thanks
  • It just got position 2 on google today. I hope its not dancing I'll check back in a few days.
  • I'm showing it at position 10 for the term cheats for angry birds.
  • Yeah It was my saved pref. But it has moved up to 9 since then. I was getting a little over amped. I'm getting about 100 hits a day so far so I'm pretty happy with it right now. I'll try to get it up some more in the serps. Im in the process of adding more videos and a contetn locker like you said. Thanks Chris for the help so far you guys are all great. I'm hoping this will be one my big flips being the niche that its in and the great start its having. No revenue as of yet but I remember the teachings and you said sell the potential the site has and I see much for this one. Thanks
  • I've done the same thing before. Here's a tip. I primarily use firefox so I have my Internet Explorer setup to clear my history, cookies, etc. every time it closes. So I use it for checking positions without worrying about being logged into Google, etc.

Let us know how things progress.
  • I sure will You guys.
  • Just a quick update. I have managed to get the site on page 1 at #4 for the keyword cheats for angry birds. The site has not yet seen any revenue as I have spent most of my efforts on seo. I finally figured out how to add videos using tubepress but I think I'll do it manually and just hide some pages. I am going to be adding a content locker using stuck ads to see if I can bring in some dough. Adsense no money, standard cpa= $0, Cb=$0 so yeah I'll be giving CL a try. I'll keep you updated on this flip as I build the site up more.
  • Yeah, it can be tough to monetize this kind of site but if anything can do it, I think a CL has a good chance if done right.
  • What is a content locker??

[quote="blillard"]
    Just a quick update. I have managed to get the site on page 1 at #4 for the keyword cheats for angry birds. The site has not yet seen any revenue as I have spent most of my efforts on seo. I finally figured out how to add videos using tubepress but I think I'll do it manually and just hide some pages. I am going to be adding a content locker using stuck ads to see if I can bring in some dough. Adsense no money, standard cpa= $0, Cb=$0 so yeah I'll be giving CL a try. I'll keep you updated on this flip as I build the site up more.
  • [quote="jlady"]
    What is a content locker??

From what I've gathered, something that prevents website visitors from accessing the site's content without first interacting with the site in some way - clicking an ad, entering an email address, filling out a survey, etc.
  • Never heard of it? Is it ok with google? Where do I learn more?
  • It was mentioned briefly in KFS p87 where it was called a "Content Gateway." If you Google that, you'll find plenty of info.
  • The affiliate network CPALead uses this type of setup - the content is blocked or shaded out to the viewer until they complete a survey, email or zip submit to gain access.
  • Does this really work...sounds kind of shady to me...not sure if I could do it in good conscience??
  • Nothing shady or unethical - the visitor to the site wants to see what you have - be it a video, image(s), data, etc. Instead of paying money to see they are completing a survey and/or entering information.
  • [quote="mrstealth"]
    Nothing shady or unethical - the visitor to the site wants to see what you have - be it a video, image(s), data, etc. Instead of paying money to see they are completing a survey and/or entering information.

Yeah, nothing unethical, but it can be annoying in some situations. :dodgy:

Steam age check.
    93% of Steam users born on January 1st!

Technically probably not a content lock, but...
  • The way I look at it is that it's not that different from a squeeze page (asking for an email address). They both can be annoying but if you're offering something of great value, I think it's okay. It can be one of the few ways to monetize a site in a niche that doesn't have a lot of CPA type offers and low CPC's.

The one I'd recommend is blamads.
  • I tried it with Blam ads and for some reason their gateway is acting really funny. It wont let me customize the gateway to fit my site. I had to go with stuckads as I think they are just brokering through blam to be honest. Same offers and gateway portal with lower payouts. The thing I liked about stuckads was that I was able to customize the gateway. I'm testing some offers now to see how it all goes, after a few days I'll check conversions.
  • I'm also running some sites with adscendmedia. They aren't bad but I'm not sure if their gateway is much better.
  • I tried the gateway thing and I am having a tough time getting it convert well I think I'll just try to put some banners up with different offers to see how it goes. Adsense is doing like $1 a day on some days and the traffic is going up like 130 hits a day. I'm at #3 as well. I think I'll give it another month then flip it. Not bad for a $35 buy lol
  • Yeah, sometimes the gateways work much better when there is a strong desire from the visitors and few alternative free websites. I'm not sure this site fits that.

I'm not sure it would be much, but you might be able to make a little money from youtube ads if you created your own videos.
  • Just a quick update. I finally managed to get the site at #1 for the main keyword. Since I was able to do that I'm all stoked on seo lol. I'll be adding more content to target more keywords to drive more traffic. I totally ditched the content locking idea and decided to go with adsense and or media buys. I'll test some cpa offers as well. But from here is adding more content driving more traffic and trying to bring in more revenue, so far it had made only $5
  • Congrats on getting #1. You should see an increase in traffic from it. I read an interesting article about percentage traffic and position recently. Here's the page http://searchenginewatch.com/article/20 ... icks-Study

It's amazing what being #1 can do for traffic on a keyword vs. #2 or worse.
  • Thanks Chris[hr]
    Something wierd just happened. Since getting to top spot in Google I only got 1 visit yesterday. I wonder what is going on.
  • [quote="blillard"]
    Thanks Chris[hr]
    Something wierd just happened. Since getting to top spot in Google I only got 1 visit yesterday. I wonder what is going on.

Every time I try and go to your site it stops me and says "bandwidth exceeded".
    Hmmm...?
  • I know I had to contact my hosting.
  • Yeah I had screwed myself by trusting a seller on DP and he never transfered the site to my hostlike he said he did but it is my fault for not double checking as I only log into my host when something is wrong. I should did it myself now I will loss some rankings and traffic but I feel that I willl be back on top real soon. It does give me a chance to make the changes tot he site that I want to make and add content. I also updated the layout of the site all that is left is to get the content created for the site. I will keep this updated as I go for you guys. I know this has been a long process but I feel it is a great way to learn how to buy hold and build a site out for max profits. Aside from the quick flip I feel we all shuld have that one site that we are just babying to perfection.
  • Great lesson here. I always make it a rule that I'm in full control of my sites from domain, to hosting, to revenue, etc.