Newbie...should I sell these old adsense sites???
  • I just read the flipping book and haven't done anything yet and have 3 xfactor micro niche adsense sites that are about 1 - 1 1/2 years old that I stopped working on and never made me any money or very little money.

I am wondering if I should try to sell these sites as my first project/s either as a group or individually or should I let them expire and start fresh on DP and buy a site specifically to sell.

A couple of issues I have are:

1. I HATE DOING BACKLINKING WORK - and would like to either outsource it or do a small amount of it as I think I will give up if I have to do a lot.

2. All of these sites are on wordpress and have plugins that I don't think I can sell with the sites...so I am not sure what to do about those...do I delete them or keep them on?

Here are the 3 sites in question:

www.tallmaternityjeans.org –has made 14.26 over 1 ½ years. The main keyword got to position 2 or 3 early on but never brought any steady clicks. I tried to add some amazon links took adsense off and then basically I gave up on it after about 6 months. It has lots of low quality backlinks to it. Has clickbump seo and theme plugin that I believe is not transferable.

www.projectordlp.org – made 11.31 over about 1 year, also couldn’t get it to rank or got main keyword to 1st page (don’t remember) but gave up about 6 months into it. This has adsense on it but not showing ads for some reason just shows google adwords ad in place/plus has some wp-zonbuilder amazon affiliate pages. Also has 100's of low quality backlinks to it.

www.newadultacnetreatments.org-bought this as an autoblog with wp-robot on it made me .20 did nothing at all to it. It is from jan of this year.

I have a backlinking program called SEO link robot that does articles/link wheels/social bookmarking/indexing maybe blogging...haven't opened it in a while???
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-09-23 12:11:16
  • I'd suggest selling these three as a group on Flippa. My feeling is that it's worth the learning experience even if you don't make a lot of money. It will get your Flippa profile/feedback going as well.

Regarding your specific questions.

1.) Hire someone here http://backlinksforum.com/backlinks-classified-ads/
    2.) Simply explain in your auction copy that the buyer will need a license to whatever software it is. If you have a legitimate license, there shouldn't be any reason you couldn't transfer it to the new owner.
  • So you definately think I need to do some backlinking to these first.....should I backlink until I get them to first page or just to increase the current traffic...I guess I am wondering when to know when to stop backlinking.

[quote="chrismyates"]
    I'd suggest selling these three as a group on Flippa. My feeling is that it's worth the learning experience even if you don't make a lot of money. It will get your Flippa profile/feedback going as well.

Regarding your specific questions.

1.) Hire someone here http://backlinksforum.com/backlinks-classified-ads/
    2.) Simply explain in your auction copy that the buyer will need a license to whatever software it is. If you have a legitimate license, there shouldn't be any reason you couldn't transfer it to the new owner.
  • I think some backlink will help out a lot. Try running the site through seo tols and see what you need to so to optimize for top spot then start a backlink campaign. It should not be that hard to rank your sites.
  • [quote="jlady"]
    So you definately think I need to do some backlinking to these first.....should I backlink until I get them to first page or just to increase the current traffic...I guess I am wondering when to know when to stop backlinking.

If you want to put some time into the site before selling it, yes do the backlinking but know it might take you a month or three to see results. If you just want to sell for the experience, sell them as-is.
  • I really don't want to do any backlinking at this point....is there any flipping method that doesn't involve backlinking (for future reference to use as a business model)...honestly that is one reason why I want to get into this end of the business.
  • You don't have to do backlinking to sell them,but as Chris said it would add value. So you'll likely get more money with more rankings and backlinks. That being said, I'd bet you can still sell them as a group.
  • [quote="jlady"]
    I really don't want to do any backlinking at this point....is there any flipping method that doesn't involve backlinking (for future reference to use as a business model)...honestly that is one reason why I want to get into this end of the business.

The course talks a lot about arbitrage. You don't need to build links, just buy low and sell high.

Again, you can outsource the backlinking so you don't have to do it yourself.
  • Because these sites don't have any traffic (less than 10 a day) to speak of and only made a few dollars last year...do I need to show stats from google? Should I show when it made money (like what month/year)? Or should I even mention it at all in the description???[hr]
    I have over 100 low quality backlinks to these sites....but they never helped much in rankings...so should I mention them in the ad copy???
  • You'll want to focus your listing copy on the "positives" of the site. If they haven't made any money in the last couple months, that's not really a positive. 100 low quality backlinks are also not a positive. I wouldn't over-think it too much because you'll likely only going to make around $50-$200 on these sites. Just do it for the experience! The templates we provide might also help you.