Hey Guys - Just arrived
  • Hi
    I have read the pdf and since flipping is new to me (although i get the principles) i will go with the cheap quick flips to start..:shy:

Had a couple of looks through DP am trying to find something cheap that would be good to buy for my first attempt.

Have to admit finding it a bit hard to find a site for my first one - am sure i will have more confidence about them for future attempts :)

Looking forward to learning a lot
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-10-05 13:44:23
  • Welcome Glen!

I've created a thread that contains some stats of non-income producing sites that have sold recently on Flippa.

It might help you to estimate the eventual selling price on Flippa, of some of the sites you see on DP.

Once a site produces income, it's a lot easier to estimate how much you can buy and sell it for (usually x6 to x10 the monthly profit).
  • Hey
    thanks for that!
    I have been spending time on DP and Flippa trying to figure out what i should spend my first investment in those spreadsheets should come in really handy.

Are the sites without traffic or revenue earning those figures without adding value to them before selling?

Thanks again
    Really helps - now to see if i can find a good first one to buy)
    Glen
  • [quote="Glen1"]
    Hey
    thanks for that!
    I have been spending time on DP and Flippa trying to figure out what i should spend my first investment in those spreadsheets should come in really handy.

Are the sites without traffic or revenue earning those figures without adding value to them before selling?

Thanks again
    Really helps - now to see if i can find a good first one to buy)
    Glen

Hi Glen,

Just to clarify, those aren't sites that I flipped - I just did advanced searches on Flippa with those parameters, scraped the results pages of data, and compiled them into a chart, so I don't know why they individually sold for the prices they did.

Some of them don't belong on the list because of the seller making errors in their listings (not declaring traffic or revenue when the site did), so take the numbers with a grain of salt.

I should have screened a couple of the bigger ones though because I already see problems with them after visiting the actual auction pages. I'll fix those and adjust the numbers.

You should be able to sort the chart by PR or any other value, btw (might make it easier to see patterns).
  • Welcome! Getting started is always the hardest part. I'd recommend looking at your first flip as solely a learning experience. Don't worry if you only break even on it. Hope my advice helps!
  • yeah its really hard to know what type of site to go with e.g. an adsense optimized site like "men's sports watches" a fan type of site (which there will be plenty of on flippa) or a more general one possibly with some traffic but less than 10 visitors a day...Also have a limited budget for this first site about $40-$50 hopefully i can buy some text links to allow me to feature it at least once.
    As always any insight greatly appreaciated for this first one
    Thanks guys
    Glen
  • yeah its really hard to know what type of site to go with e.g. an adsense optimized site like "men's sports watches" a fan type of site (which there will be plenty of on flippa) or a more general one possibly with some traffic but less than 10 visitors a day...Also have a limited budget for this first site about $40-$50 hopefully i can buy some text links to allow me to feature it at least once.
    As always any insight greatly appreaciated for this first one
    Thanks guys
    Glen
  • If you plan on buying text links, try to find a site that has a PR of 3 or higher since the amount you'll be able to charge for a text link will be depend on how high that is.

Also, if you just buy it low enough, you won't specially need to add revenue at all - you could look for a site selling at 50% market value and try to sell at 80 to 100% MV (though increasing its value can definitely help).

Make sure to review Flippa's current fees in case anything has changed from the values seen in the ebook.

See Post #2 for a way to use the costs involved to come up with a target price range when looking for a website to buy

Checking for fake PR.

Thread here on flipping sites with text link revenue.
  • adsense sites that are making money sell really well on flippa.

I'd suggest picking out say 10 sites you think would be good buys on DP and go find similar sold sites on flippa to see how much you can get for them. You'll start getting a good sense of what type of sites make sense for you. It's tough to give you a specific type of sites because everyone's preferences and skillsets are so different.